Notices
Jet Central Turbines - Artes Jet Jet Central Turbines formerly the Artes Jet forum

Rabbit KS Igniter voltage..

Old 05-04-2012, 01:48 PM
Sparhawk

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Rabbit KS Igniter voltage..

Got a new Rabbit KS that is giving me some startup grief and the not so wanted "pump limit reached" error message when I finally get a start. Working with Eric to sort it out, but in the meantime, what is the typical igniter voltage set at?
Using a 3 cell LiFe pack, and have switched it over to 2 cell LiPo during my fault finding sessions (no change) and I see the igniter voltage at 5.4v. Is this typical?

Dan

Old 05-04-2012, 06:15 PM
monjet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Rabbit KS Igniter voltage..

Hello Sparhawk
The newest igniters are rated for 5-6v so 5.4 is normal
Previous igniters were 6-7v and normal setting was 6.5v
Regards
Old 05-05-2012, 09:09 AM
Sparhawk

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks Juan.

My Rabbit is heading to Kerry to have a look it. Ithink Ihave a couple issues, and one is a pump that is maybe too tight and needs a breakin, so that the ECU doesn't have to work so hard to pump fuel. The other looks like the setting for burner fuel, and it is just low enough that it is 50/50 on whether it will jump toSwitchover mode. Kerry may need to unlock it and turn up the flow rate a little, as there is just not enough to keep the burner lit.

Love the Rabbit and can't wait to have it back.

Dan
Old 06-03-2013, 03:50 PM
rcand

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: Sparhawk

Thanks Juan.

My Rabbit is heading to Kerry to have a look it. I think I have a couple issues, and one is a pump that is maybe too tight and needs a breakin, so that the ECU doesn't have to work so hard to pump fuel. The other looks like the setting for burner fuel, and it is just low enough that it is 50/50 on whether it will jump to Switchover mode. Kerry may need to unlock it and turn up the flow rate a little, as there is just not enough to keep the burner lit.

Love the Rabbit and can't wait to have it back.

Dan
I bumped up the pump setting for the burner, just a few points. I got a better start and switch over. Be careful not to increase too much as you don't want flames on the start. Check the manual on how to do this. Also and very important is to make sure your battery is fully charged. Aslo, check with Eric for advise.