Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets > Turbine Clinic > Jet Central Turbines - Artes Jet
Reload this Page >

Falcon Shutdown with Thermocouple reading Zero

Community
Search
Notices
Jet Central Turbines - Artes Jet Jet Central Turbines formerly the Artes Jet forum

Falcon Shutdown with Thermocouple reading Zero

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2013, 05:33 PM
BCoston
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Falcon Shutdown with Thermocouple reading Zero

Eric,

My Falcon that just returned from service in Mexico shut down on it 3rd flight due to temp reading of zero. Also on the 2 flights prior to that the turbine had a strange sound when throttled up from idle. It sounded like a jake brake on an 18 wheeler and sounded as if it were getting to much fuel. Please advise on what I need to do.

Brian
Old 06-17-2013, 07:30 AM
BluFox
My Feedback: (10)

Default RE: Falcon Shutdown with Thermocouple reading Zero

Brian:

Please check the connections for both the thermocouple and the RPM sensor. Sudden loss of temperature is usually the connection or the extension being used. I suggest change out of extension being used (maintain polarity) then check for temp reading by using the HDT. Turbine does not have to be running to do this.

The rumbling you hear while acceptable, may be enhanced by the acceleration delay being set to aggressive. Try a smooth, slow transition from idle to 1/2, then 3/4 then full throttle.

Please update us with your findings.

Regards,
Eric
Old 06-17-2013, 08:16 AM
Sparhawk

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My Falcon makes the same "growl" and runs great. I think this is very normal for the Falcon, and I wouldn't worry about it.

Dan
Old 06-17-2013, 03:08 PM
BCoston
My Feedback: (7)

Connected the rpm sensor and the thermocouple directly to the ecu and temp is still reading "000".
Old 07-04-2013, 05:52 PM
cmte_wandermiguel
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: BCoston

Eric,

My Falcon that just returned from service in Mexico shut down on it 3rd flight due to temp reading of zero. Also on the 2 flights prior to that the turbine had a strange sound when throttled up from idle. It sounded like a jake brake on an 18 wheeler and sounded as if it were getting to much fuel. Please advise on what I need to do.

Brian
I'm having the same problem, I've done several tests.