Community
Search
Notices
Jet Central Turbines - Artes Jet Jet Central Turbines formerly the Artes Jet forum

Falcon 100. Rumbles off idle

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2013, 09:33 AM
Dr Honda
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Falcon 100. Rumbles off idle

Hi Eric, (and all)

I finally got my Falcon 100 mounted, and flying. The engine started great, and will get to an idle in a very short time. (no flames, and no excessive heat) Also... the engine will run up to full speed without an issue. BUT... while taxing around.... there is a distinctive rumble as I add throttle from idle RPM. If the throttle is above approx 10%... I can open it as fast as I want, and it's smooth.

A couple of the guys at the event I attended last weekend (OC Turbo Fest) said it was normal for the Falcon to rumble a little off idle. (Mark P. and Rich M.)

Other than that... it seems OK. (Idle Temps are in the low 600's, and there were no flame-out's or issues in flight)

I just wanted to get your input.

FYI... it's in a Shock Jet, wit a FOD screen.

Last edited by Dr Honda; 10-01-2013 at 09:36 AM.
Old 10-03-2013, 07:11 AM
BluFox
My Feedback: (10)

Tony:

Yes, in some Falcons the rumble as you say off idle is normal. If you slow the acceleration delay a point or two, it will minimize it. However, it is our experience that most leave the acceleration delay at its factory setting and ignore the rumble.

Thanks for the question,
Eric
Old 10-05-2013, 11:55 AM
Dr Honda
My Feedback: (4)

Thanks for the input. I will run it as is, and not worry.