Community
Search
Notices
Jet Central Turbines - Artes Jet Jet Central Turbines formerly the Artes Jet forum

Cheetahs

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2013, 08:08 AM
snobird
My Feedback: (36)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cheetahs

Eric, can I use the fuel valve in place of the Kero valve, are they the same ( I just received three fuel vales and no Kero start valve
Old 09-03-2013, 08:39 AM
zonker123
My Feedback: (21)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm not Eric but I've interchanged them with no problem You do have to step the the output side of the solenoid from a 4mm to 3 mm because the kerostart input at the motor is 3mm. Step it down as close to the solenoid as u can. I would also make sure to relabel the solenoid so as not to confuse them when hooking them up to the ECU. Don't ask how I learned that

Good luck and enjoy your Cheeta, mine has been nothing but a pleasure.

Mike
Old 09-04-2013, 08:56 AM
BluFox
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

David:
Valves ordered were the valves shipped. Yes, as my dear friend Zonker said, you can use the F valve for the K valve. Label to keep yourself out of difficulty. Second, carefully remove the 3mm FESTO from the suspect defect K valve replacing the out (exit) 4mm FESTO on the F valve. CAUTION. . .if you over tighten, the threaded body may or can break off. Also, check for the washer for each FESTO removed and re installed.

Eric