Community
Search
Notices
Jet Central Turbines - Artes Jet Jet Central Turbines formerly the Artes Jet forum

Rhino Problem

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2013, 02:21 PM
gapellegrini

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Rhino Problem

Hi Guys,

I´m with a problem in my Rhino here in Brazil.

I have a Rhino Kerostart flying with jet fuel and shell oil. I have a life 2S battery on the rx and a Lipo 2s 5,000 on the turbine.

I´m having a lot of flame outs on this turbine and lately is happening in almost all flights. The turbine went 2 times to Michel in Jet Central Brazil and he tested there with no problem found.

On the plane I have already changed UAT, all festos, all hose - including inside the tanks.

Last weekend I setup the turbine did 3 flights and then a flame out. Landed safely the reading on the ECU was "acceleration error". Michel told me this is a setup error and I should not even being able to fly the plane after the setup with this error. Did the setup again and another flame out with a stop error that Michel never heard about it and I can´t find on documentation.

The ECU is new so I thought that it could not be working well because of this odd errors. So I changed the ECU with a friend and had 3 flights today.

On the first one there was a flame out showing acceleration error. Did the setup again. I have a futaba 8FG which on the servo monitor with throttle and trim down reads -100. Throttle down trim up reads -75 and throttle up trim up +100

So I did another flight and after 3 or 4 minutes that was some throttle change on the plane without any move on the stick but no flame out. On the land pretty close to the runaway I was at idle than increase 3 clicks on the throttle and back at idle the turbine never got back to idle with some rpm oscillation and was not easy to stop the plane. Then the turbine was working we inserted the data it was running with acceleration error (video link below).

Did the setup again and after 3 minutes flight -always in the 3 or 4 minutes range- flame out again. Landed again and the error was Stop.

In all flame out there is no white smoke right after on the plane.

Here are the links for the videos I made today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhYHCWF4ZOA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNu1CVCbwGQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkiN_dioqyE

Can you give me a light of what could be this problem?

Thanks in advance

Gabriel
Old 11-02-2013, 12:16 PM
BluFox
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Gabriel:

I must admit, I have not seen "acceleration error" as an error code. I will research and respond. As for the flame outs, I suggest you re train the Tx and ECU. Do this exactly as the HDT shows; "Stick up/ Trim up," Stick down/Trim up, Stick down/Trim down." After this exercise, turn system off-then back on. Menu up one screen. Here you will see the pulse/%'s of the throttle channel. Pulse with stick and trim down should be in the mid 1100's and %= 0. Trim up, Pulse may be as high as the low 1300's with % +/- 28%. Stick up and trim up, pulse will be in the high 1900's with % @ 100%. If your readings are different, make changes. Do not second guess the Throttle Trim. Think of it as an ON/OFF switch. It is not a throttle trim.
Second, your flame outs are reported to be in the 3 - 4 minute time frame. I suspect you may have a fuel issue with one of your tanks. I suggest checking each just to be sure.
Last, I noticed in one video, the UAT was empty or close to it. Was this just during the test or is this the way it shows after 3 - 4 minutes?

Almost forgot. . .is your ECU the new V10 small black plastic case ECU? Can you report the version number?

We will solve this issue.

Regards,
Eric Clapp
Managing Director
Jet Central
Old 11-02-2013, 02:16 PM
gapellegrini

Eric,

The rx, ecu setup seems to be correct. I will do a video tomorrow and send the link here. Tomorrow I will also give you the ECU version. I had problems with 2 different ECUs.

Actually the UAT was 90% full on the video. Anyway I agree that tank can be the reason. I had poroblems with 2 different UATs but I have not changed the main tank yet. Anyway if the problem is air on the fuel line shoudn´t the error on the turbine be another?

What is the stop error?

Thanks for your help.

Gabriel
Old 11-03-2013, 07:35 AM
BluFox
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Gabriel:

With the same issue with two different ECU's , the problem IMO is certainly fuel related. Two UAT's were an issue as well, so I suspect the problem is within the tanks going to the UAT or the way you have them plumbed (connected) prior to the UAT.

As I said previous, I will find out what the "acceleration" error code is. "User OFF" is code when you manually shut turbine down with the "trim low" action.

You will hear from me Monday.

Eric
Old 11-04-2013, 12:53 PM
gapellegrini

Eric,

I will also try a different pump. I have a brand new super eagle pump. Can I use it? Is it the same as the rhino?

Best,

Gabriel