Jet Central Turbines - Artes Jet Jet Central Turbines formerly the Artes Jet forum

Updated JC ECU- FADEC System - Autostart 10 Battery Votlage

Old 01-17-2014, 04:12 PM
TJPro351
My Feedback: (8)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Updated JC ECU- FADEC System - Autostart 10 Battery Votlage

I have a new Cheetah with the updated Xicoy ECU. Reading the instruction manual (I am new to Turbines), the required voltage is 7.2v (2s or 5c Ni). A gas starts allows the use of A123 2s (6.6). The battery that came with turbine is a A123 3s 9.9 volts. I have not connected yet to read through menus, but is there a menu to select 9.9v battery (planning on use Kero Start and not Gas). Just want to make sure I don't need a regulator before I start connecting up.
Also, before initial run when I fill up UAT and tanks for first time, do I select Test/Prime Pump (bleed air bubbles out) or do I select the test function for the gas/fuel valve?
Thanks for the help.
Tim
Old 01-17-2014, 04:49 PM
BluFox
My Feedback: (10)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Tim.

if your ECU IS THE NEW V10 (small black ). Unit, then yes, you may use up to a battery configured to 9.9v.
If your ECU is the silver aluminum case, then 7.4v is the max v which can be used. This is all listed in your flash drive or hard copy manual.
Under the INFO section you will find the TEST functions for priming both the fuel line F and or the kero burner line K for first time start ups.
regards,
Eric

Last edited by BluFox; 01-17-2014 at 04:53 PM.
Old 01-17-2014, 06:45 PM
TJPro351
My Feedback: (8)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I didn't get a hard copy of manual but did find soft copy on the stick. This manual is different (the correct pictured ECU that I have) then the ones that I downloaded from JC site. Manual does say A123 3s is ok. Thanks for the help Eric!