Notices
Jet Central Turbines - Artes Jet Jet Central Turbines formerly the Artes Jet forum

Quick Fuel question?

Old 11-29-2014, 03:08 PM
Tampaflyer
My Feedback: (42)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quick Fuel question?

How can you tell if the fuel has oil in it already?
OR
Will it do anything to add another qt of oil to 5gal of fuel?

I got a 5gal of fuel with the airplane, but didn't ask if he had already added oil to the other 5gal tank.

So I don't want to dump 5 gal of fuel , and I already poured some into a clear container. Its not likely kero, it is yellow in color. just like the fuel that ws in the filling container.

its a RINO turbine.
Old 11-29-2014, 06:22 PM
Edgar Perez
My Feedback: (13)

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts

I would probably throw it away for myself...

However I had read that if you put it where it can evaporate, the oil will remain in the container (I would use an small open plastic plate). If you want to try that, I would use other plates as a control. One with fuel known to contain the oil, and another with fuel known not to contain it. That should make it easier to compare and determine if the oil was in or not.
Old 11-30-2014, 09:08 AM
BluFox
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tampaflyer:

My advice (if the fuel is fresh) would be to add 2.5% (1/2 quart) of turbine oil to the 5 gallons of fuel you have should you not be able to reach the individual who gave you the fuel with the jet.
All our turbines require 2.5% oil ration to fuel. Five (5) percent is overkill and going to 7.5% if you must, may cause injector atomizing issues and some popping as the only running issue.
As our friend Edgar suggested, dispose properly if you can. Have a friend with a diesel truck. . .he will I am sure welcome the opportunity.

Regards,
Eric Clapp

Last edited by BluFox; 11-30-2014 at 09:11 AM.
Old 11-30-2014, 11:18 AM
mr_matt
My Feedback: (10)

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Mix it in small amounts with known good (properly mixed) fuel. Maybe a gallon of the unknown per gallon of known good.