Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets > Turbine Clinic > Jet Central Turbines - Artes Jet
Reload this Page >

Needing contact info for Jet Central .Eric Clapp

Community
Search
Notices
Jet Central Turbines - Artes Jet Jet Central Turbines formerly the Artes Jet forum

Needing contact info for Jet Central .Eric Clapp

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2015, 01:21 PM
flyexperimental

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Needing contact info for Jet Central .Eric Clapp

As stated above I need contact info for Jet Central . Eric Clapp has taken my money and sent no parts .
Joe Cranwill
217-502-1441

Last edited by RCKen; 10-13-2015 at 12:36 PM.
Old 10-01-2015, 02:49 PM
flyexperimental

My money has been refunded through Pay pal , Now I just need contact info for someone that will actually send me parts .
Old 10-01-2015, 06:02 PM
reo
My Feedback: (130)

Originally Posted by flyexperimental
My money has been refunded through Pay pal , Now I just need contact info for someone that will actually send me parts .
that might be difficult after posting the contents of post #1 in a public forum.
Old 10-01-2015, 06:35 PM
flyexperimental

I did what it took to get my money back .I have no issues with Jet Central . I was not given my money back until the problem I had went public . SO how did I do it wrong ?? Should I have not told anyone what had been done to me and just let the guy keep my money ??? He refused to contact me ?? I run a business I return emails to my customers that contact me with any worries they may have even if it is not the best time for me . I hate to see my customers worry .
Old 10-02-2015, 05:43 AM
zonker123
My Feedback: (21)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jose Melendez is the Jet Central rep in the US now. He will help you out.
Phone # (321) 412-3078

Don't know where you and Eric went astray, but it's not typical of how he does business.
Eric is a good guy.
Old 10-02-2015, 10:56 AM
BluFox
My Feedback: (10)

Mr. Cranwill:

I strongly suggest you retract your statement "Eric Clapp has stolen my money and sent no part." I had one conversation with you upon my arrival back at my office. . .re;checking with your post office to see if they have any mail on hold which was being held due to enroute damage. You agreed. You then called me back and relayed your conversation with the post person at your post office. We then agreed I would check with mine. . .our conversation at this point was mutual and gentlemanly. Less than 5 minutes later, I receive a filed complaint from PayPal. I called you to discuss. Then the tirade of foul language from you. I objected to your foul language and asked you to stop. You told me to go F myself. I hung up, called PayPal and advised them to refund your funds immediately. Further I told them I had no interest in having you as a client.
Stole your money. . .for gosh sakes, I do not even transfer funds to my bank until my clients receive their order. Retract that statement please.
BTW, I have AT&T service. At GA Jets, there is little or no AT&T reception. No calls, no emails etc. AT&T users are basically out of touch person or persons who are trying to reach them. Anyone who attends GA JETS regularly will attest to that fact. I was there between the 21st and Sunday the 27th. What were the date of your two emails to me????

Eric
Jet Central USA, INC.
dba
A & E Jets USA
Old 10-02-2015, 11:21 AM
Scott Geller
My Feedback: (6)

My god, flyexperimental! I'm going with Melvin's statement. How about a little patience? You could take a few lessons in class from Eric as well. Just sayin'.
Old 10-02-2015, 11:41 AM
049flyer
My Feedback: (18)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Anyone who has been in retail for any length of time knows that about 2% of the folks you do business with are like "flyexpeimental". Unfortunately the internet gives them a forum to show the world the measure of their character while harming merchants unlucky enough to have done business with them.

Sounds like a "flyexperimental" may owe someone an apology and a retraction. I doubt either will be offered.

Last edited by 049flyer; 10-02-2015 at 11:46 AM.
Old 10-02-2015, 11:49 AM
flyexperimental

I treat guys with the same respect I am given . You guys have only heard the last half of my story . My first inquiry to obtain these parts was over 6 weeks ago before a central IL fly in .
Obviously my patience finally ran out . I have spent over $8500 with Eric . and have had ECCELENT service from him years ago . Not sure what happened . My guess is he just could not obtain the parts . When he suggested they were lost in the mail and then implied that it was up to me to figure out where they were . I snapped , do I regret it HELL NO . I actually got on here just now to delete this from Jet Centrals section . I now believe it needs to stay a while longer . My parts are on the way , Many thanks to Jose , who apologized for my troubles . My reply was no apology needed , Jet Central has done nothing wrong . If it was your money and your last 4 weeks of flying time I am sure you guys would just bend over with a smile on your face . Eric , when was the first date I asked about these parts ? It was long before Georgia Jets . And where are the parts ? Show me proof you made any attempt they were even sent ?

Last edited by flyexperimental; 10-02-2015 at 11:57 AM.
Old 10-02-2015, 11:57 AM
flyingdan
My Feedback: (5)

I purchased a Vampire Jet Kit from Eric Clapp when he ran Jet Central last year, I found him to be a true gentleman, his word being as good as gold.

To have Eric besmirched like this is mean and uncalled for. I would stand up for Eric any day of the week.

Eric is a fine and HONEST man.

Dan
Old 10-02-2015, 12:28 PM
rcjets12

Originally Posted by 049flyer
Anyone who has been in retail for any length of time knows that about 2% of the folks you do business with are like "flyexpeimental". Unfortunately the internet gives them a forum to show the world the measure of their character while harming merchants unlucky enough to have done business with them.

Sounds like a "flyexperimental" may owe someone an apology and a retraction. I doubt either will be offered.
Hello FlyExp,

I can't speak for anyone else but I do thank you for you for your understanding with Jet Central Turbines and your order will be in the mail via priority mail first thing in the morning.
Old 10-02-2015, 02:50 PM
warbird_1
My Feedback: (61)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

"i will not criticize my neighbor till i have walked a mile in his moccasins" .... Went through the same net bashing when i exposed a horrible quality issue with a Tourus i bought. Drama queens didn't care about the circumstances involved ,just wanted to defend their friends and flex their 'puter muscles . they didn't care why i made the video ,just the fact that i did. I'm glad you got your hard earned money back and that you finally got your parts coming. Personally , i hate it when it has to come to going public . no on really wins after that. Calling out a business person that obviously has been good in the past can't be a easy thing or a good thing for either party. hopefully things can be mended with the understanding that we ALL blow our tops and do things we may regret later . .. i'm first in line for that . WB_1
Old 10-02-2015, 04:44 PM
patfairlane
My Feedback: (170)

I am updating this as of 10-13-15...I want to clarify that Jose with Jet Central had nothing to do with my problems with Eric at Jet Central .................................................. .................................................. ...
I sent a Jet Central Falcon that had been previously diagnosed by them.I had confirmed this before buying it here on RCU....It was sold to me and I sent it back for repairs...It went from $475 for replaceing the chipped fan to over $1500...I refuse service and wanted it sent back to me and they offered to send it in pieces and still charge a bunch just to look at it again..It was running when I sent it in...No vibrations...That was 2 years ago...I have nothing now...My Falcon has most likely been sold...Oh!!! One is for sale right now...When I complained on this forem 2 years ago most folks came to his aid...I kind of felt like one of Bill Cozbee's dates...Got screwwwed and no-one would belive me..Some folks do make their money off of the less fortunate...I am sure you will call me other names beside that...

Last edited by patfairlane; 10-13-2015 at 09:11 AM. Reason: Left things out.......
Old 10-02-2015, 06:00 PM
dmattmul

I have purchased over $ 10,000 worth of merchadise from Eric in the last year and always received my merchandise as stated. PayPal protects both sides and a great way to transact business if the buyer has a legitimate claim. Eric has helped increase interests in our hobby and this I applaud. Can someone remove this forum please !!
Old 10-02-2015, 06:07 PM
patfairlane

Yes,Please remove before others respond...WE can not have everyone tell their side...If I spent $10.000 with him I am sure he would sent my turbine back also...

Last edited by patfairlane; 10-02-2015 at 06:14 PM.
Old 10-03-2015, 05:57 AM
reo
My Feedback: (130)

not defending anyone here, but, how did we ever resolve issues before we could bash and slander on the internet.....oh wait, we picked up the phone and worked things out! It seems so easy these days to just sit down at keyboard and bash without any consequences......

Last edited by reo; 10-03-2015 at 06:06 PM.
Old 10-03-2015, 06:37 AM
SkidMan
My Feedback: (17)

Originally Posted by flyexperimental
... has stolen my money and sent no parts. ...
It is a lot more helpful, if something must be said publicly, to just state the facts of the transaction.

for example:
I'm having a problem with a transaction and cannot reach ________
If really necessary:
I sent my money on xx/xx/xxxx
They said they would ship xx/xx/xxxx
I still haven't received it and now
I can't reach them
Forum posts flame up fast enough, even without gasoline of claims of theft without any explanation.
Old 10-03-2015, 07:01 AM
FTiano
My Feedback: (11)

I read this with a crooked smile on my face. There are "Always" two sides to a "story". All I can say is this: After 50 years in business I have come to realize that 99% of customers do NOT make a huge issue out of Something, unless there is a very good reason. Who in their right mind would fabricate a bizarre story and waste their valuable time making an issue out of something that isn't really there? There is NO worse frustration than to think you are being taken advantage of or not being treated fairly, with no "help" in sight. Especially when you feel an unacceptable amount of time has passed without a solution to the problem AND you are not getting favorable responses. When I was in the Auto business I used to tell our Shop Mgr., People have far more important things to do than "Make Up" something wrong with their car. If the customer says something is wrong, there probably is. While I don't condone verbal abuse either, I DO see how one can succumb to doing it, AND I bet that every single one of us has done so at one time or another. As far as standing up for someone, probably there are as many on each side, which truly doesn't "prove" much.

Last edited by FTiano; 10-03-2015 at 07:02 AM. Reason: misspelled words
Old 10-03-2015, 11:50 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 351 Likes on 281 Posts

I've cleaned up the name calling and the replies to the name calling, please refrain from personal attacks towards other members regardless of your opinion of the content.
Old 10-04-2015, 05:04 PM
flyexperimental

The phone was used . I did not like the way I was talked to and that the missing package issue was thrown in my lap to deal with , I don't have $200 in labor to do his job of looking for my $165 of parts . His disrespect for my time and his attitude turned my attitude to **** . I was hung up on and was never told I would get my money back . I never even had a phone # until I started the Paypal Process to get my money back . . All I was told is he didn't want me as a customer . Jet Central will have my parts here in 3-4 days , and I even have a simple tracking # . All he needed to do was resend me parts , I don't have time research and figure out what happed to his package , I didn't loose it . Let me tell you how my business handles the same situation . I sell reloading supplies to guy A , I ship them to Guy B . Guy A says he hasn't seen them . I discover I shipped to wrong guy . I don't tell guy A to go find his stuff . I double check my paperwork and see I shipped to wrong guy . I immediately ship Guy A another order , I then call guy B and explain my mistake and ask him to ship to guy A for me . So in the end Guy A has double the product show up at his door , the second shipment on me . I didn't ask him to go look for the lost shipment in a tone of voice that was not very friendly .

Last edited by flyexperimental; 10-04-2015 at 05:30 PM.
Old 10-04-2015, 08:28 PM
bcovish
My Feedback: (8)

Man let it go, you got your money back, you have a tracking number and your parts are on the way.
Get over it.
Old 10-05-2015, 01:39 PM
jetmon

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by patfairlane
I sent a Jet Central Falcon that had been previously diagnosed by them.I had confirmed this before buying it here on RCU....It was sold to me and I sent it back for repairs...It went from $475 for replaceing the chipped fan to over $1500...I refuse service and wanted it sent back to me and they offered to send it in pieces and still charge a bunch just to look at it again..It was running when I sent it in...No vibrations...That was 2 years ago...I have nothing now...My Falcon has most likely been sold...Oh!!! One is for sale right now...When I complained on this forem 2 years ago most folks came to his aid...I kind of felt like one of Bill Cozbee's dates...Got screwwwed and no-one would belive me..Some folks do make their money off of the less fortunate...I am sure you will call me other names beside that...
Hello
There are some imprecisions on your comment that I want to clarify
First is that your turbine is here whaiting for an aswer to Eric's last mail, or at least I never received it,
here is my copy of Eric's mail when you refused the service:

To: patfairlane@
Sent: 2/14/2014 1:41:54 P.M. Eastern Standard Time
Subj: Re: Patrick Tinsley jf100-105

Patrick:

This is what we will do. We will ship your turbine back to you with a new compressor wheel neatly packaged and protected inside the shipping box. You are responsible for $164.00 for the new compressor wheel and $60 return shipping. Total is $224.00

You may pay this amount by PayPal to: xxx please add 4% ($8.96 ) for the service charge. . .OR call my office @ 941-468-1246 to process your Master Card or Visa in the amount of $224.00.

Your turbine will be returned upon receipt of payment. If you do not want the new compressor wheel, you total is $60 with the same payment options.

Thank you,
Eric

I'm guessing that the $475.00 Eric quoted you was based on your description of the failure, but when we disassemble it had a lot more issues, that's why I quoted $1333.00 + $60.00 shipping
Jose melendez will contact you so we can solve this
Best regards and sorry for my bad English
Old 10-06-2015, 10:37 AM
patfairlane

It had a chipped compressor fin....It ran fine when I sent it in...All I wanted was the part...Ya'll first said you never received the turbine....This is when I started to complain about your company...You denied receiving the turbine until I went public with this...Then for my punishment you claimed it needs $1333.00 worth of work...
Why was it taken apart.?...I was happy with the turbine and the way it ran...I was wanting the wheel replaced for fear that it could get worse...I did not want to send it in...All I wanted in the first place was the compressor wheel...Ya'll would not do that...I was told I have to send it in...Now the turbine dos'nt work ??...
I should have just kept it and flew till it snapped...I was also told that I would have to pay for it being taken apart and evaluated then sent back in pieces unless I wanted to pay for it to be reassembled with the understanding that is was not {FIXED} ..So at the time I was told it would be $300 plus shipping for me to get the turbine back in pieces or $450 plus shipping for me to get the turbine back togather but with the understanding that it no longer ran....I deleted all my
previous posts on the matter when I was assured it would be taking care of....I am still waiting Eric...
Old 10-06-2015, 12:46 PM
zonker123

Why is this Erics fault? Sounds like he was only the middle man relaying info back and forth from the factory to you. He didn't set the cost of the repairs or decide the fact that the factory was not going to reassemble the motor with your chipped wheel. If you didn't want it fixed why send it in? You know that NONE of the big turbine manufacturers are going to reassemble a turbine received with bad/broken/chipped parts and send it back. The liability is too great.

If it wasn't communicated to you that the turbine would be taken apart and would only be reassembled with new parts then I can be a little more sympathetic. But once again Eric didn't not set the policy. You were going to have to take the motor apart anyway to replace the wheel they willing to send you. Quit beating Eric up over decisions made by others. Take a breath, pay the money, move on. If you want to make a statement, buy King Tech or Jet Cat next time.

Take Care
Mike
Old 10-06-2015, 01:11 PM
patfairlane

FF

Last edited by patfairlane; 10-06-2015 at 01:36 PM. Reason: DOUBLE POST

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.