Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets > Turbine Clinic > Jet Central Turbines - Artes Jet
Reload this Page >

Needing contact info for Jet Central .Eric Clapp

Community
Search
Notices
Jet Central Turbines - Artes Jet Jet Central Turbines formerly the Artes Jet forum

Needing contact info for Jet Central .Eric Clapp

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2015, 01:18 PM
patfairlane
My Feedback: (170)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You either did not read my Whole statement or just simply do not understand the statement...
ERIC WAS THE ONLY PERSON I TALKED TO
THE TURBINE RAN FINE..I WAS ONLY REPLACEING THE PART TO PREVENT ANY FURTER CHIPPING..
I WANTED THE WHEEL ONLY...
I DID NOT WANT TO SEND THE TURBINE IN ...THEY GAVE ME NO CHOICE...
THEY CLAIMED TO HAVE NOT RECIEVED MY TURBINE UNTILL I WENT PUBLIC...
GOING PUBLIC PISSED THEM OFF....
NOW THEY SAY IT NEEDS $1333 TO RUN...THE PART WAS ONLY $164 PLUS $300 LABOR
I COULD KEEP GOING BUT YOU STILL MIGHT NOT UNDERSTAND
Old 10-08-2015, 12:37 PM
rcjets12
My Feedback: (21)

Originally Posted by patfairlane
You either did not read my Whole statement or just simply do not understand the statement...
ERIC WAS THE ONLY PERSON I TALKED TO
THE TURBINE RAN FINE..I WAS ONLY REPLACEING THE PART TO PREVENT ANY FURTER CHIPPING..
I WANTED THE WHEEL ONLY...
I DID NOT WANT TO SEND THE TURBINE IN ...THEY GAVE ME NO CHOICE...
THEY CLAIMED TO HAVE NOT RECIEVED MY TURBINE UNTILL I WENT PUBLIC...
GOING PUBLIC PISSED THEM OFF....
NOW THEY SAY IT NEEDS $1333 TO RUN...THE PART WAS ONLY $164 PLUS $300 LABOR
I COULD KEEP GOING BUT YOU STILL MIGHT NOT UNDERSTAND
Hi Patrick,

I have spoke to you a few times on the phone since all this was posted. Like I expressed on the phone I can't speak to what happen almost two years ago as I was not involved and could now only see some of the emails. Just to clarify a couple of things here. I know that you stated that you had called to get a price of the compressor and was given a price for the repair. However as most of us may know is that we can't really give a fixed price for any repairs as we don't know what else that turbine could have wrong or broken on the inside. Due to the chip on your compressor your turbine had addional damage that no one could see until it was taken apart. Due to this JetCtentral could not just put on a compressor and mail it back as we would be liable if the turbine failed or worse thrown a blade because of the additional damage. If any turbine manufacture were to do something like that in my opinion it is just crazy and not being responsible. We as customers must be realistic and also realize that things are not always the way we want them to be. Please tell me what would have happen of we just put in that new compressor and when you got the turbine back after you installed it something happens in flight or on the ground. The blame would go straight to us.

Like I had mentioned to you on the phone I got to see the original quote that was emailed to you and upon inspection that turbine needed a lot more than just the compressor. again I am trying to help you out here with this situation and the reason why I have called you several times and have explained everything. As for Eric when he was with Jet Central I can only say that I personally did not have any issue with him back at that time and he treated me well. Again that was my case during that time.
Old 10-09-2015, 03:44 AM
FTiano
My Feedback: (11)

I sit here in amazement! How about a re-set? I think this man explained exactly what happened and some loyal fans are sticking up for the manufacturer or distributor without grasping "Exactly" what the man said.
NOTE: The man asked to purchase a Turbine wheel. PERIOD. He was TOLD he MUST send in the engine for the WHEEL REPLACEMENT. A lengthy period of time went by and he asked for his Turbine to be RETURNED. It was NOT! The response was, in effect, "WHAT TURBINE?" And so on. Jose, you are a great kid and everyone seems to like you. Do yourself a favor and listen to this guy instead of making excuses. Bottom line the guy was screwed around with, NO Fault of Yours. So, OWN it and get on with your life. If I owned this company and heard of such bull-crap, I'd be on the phone to make the customer happy immediately. Instead, many are "wondering" what kind of company Jet Central is. In the scope of things, it appears that a multi-million dollar company is trying to extort a thousand bucks from a customer? I have met the owners, they are honorable people and I do not believe that is not how they want their reputation to be marred and remembered! Turbines are "basically" the same when they run well. Assuming they all run well, the only thing left to sway a customer to your product is "Service". And Service is what is remembered and Service, or lack of, is what causes threads like this to originate!

Last edited by FTiano; 10-09-2015 at 03:49 AM.
Old 10-09-2015, 07:46 AM
rcjets12

Originally Posted by FTiano
I sit here in amazement! How about a re-set? I think this man explained exactly what happened and some loyal fans are sticking up for the manufacturer or distributor without grasping "Exactly" what the man said.
NOTE: The man asked to purchase a Turbine wheel. PERIOD. He was TOLD he MUST send in the engine for the WHEEL REPLACEMENT. A lengthy period of time went by and he asked for his Turbine to be RETURNED. It was NOT! The response was, in effect, "WHAT TURBINE?" And so on. Jose, you are a great kid and everyone seems to like you. Do yourself a favor and listen to this guy instead of making excuses. Bottom line the guy was screwed around with, NO Fault of Yours. So, OWN it and get on with your life. If I owned this company and heard of such bull-crap, I'd be on the phone to make the customer happy immediately. Instead, many are "wondering" what kind of company Jet Central is. In the scope of things, it appears that a multi-million dollar company is trying to extort a thousand bucks from a customer? I have met the owners, they are honorable people and I do not believe that is not how they want their reputation to be marred and remembered! Turbines are "basically" the same when they run well. Assuming they all run well, the only thing left to sway a customer to your product is "Service". And Service is what is remembered and Service, or lack of, is what causes threads like this to originate!
Hi Frank,

thanks for for your response and I do agree with you on many points. I was not involved back all this happen and I just been trying to get the facts correct and also help Patrick in this matter. That's the reason I have called him several times on the phone and have received emails from when all this wen town so I could help him the best I can. As you said we all have a choice on what products we buy and at the end of the day for me it comes down to what's the best service I can get. That's the reason why when I made the change from Ram many years ago I went with Jet Central because of the lifetime warranty and the flat rate 25hr cost of $250 as for me that was very important as not all of us have the excess funds for this hobby.

You our know that I always do everything in my power to go beyond the call to help everyone out as equals regardless of how much someone may spend with any of the companies I have worked for. I was not treated very nice when I first started flying jets back in the ducted fan days. I remember being at a jet event that had some turbines in the 90s and I was told your jet is ducted fan and not a turbine you need to move down away from ours. I was dumbfounded and at that point I told my self I would never treat someone the way I was treated back then.

Again I'm getting all the facts as I don't like to assume and never will judge as I'm am no one to judge others and I leave that to God to do. I also did not like how because one person states what happen to him and other who have no idea what's really going on want to call them names. How professional is that. Regardless of who someone is sponsored by or product you may support if that company is wrong then they are wrong. Don't just call people names because they have said something about a company because they may have had an issue. Maybe that person could have worded things different but again no reason to call them names.

Again Frank thanks for your response as always you have treated me with respect and have always helped me when needed.
Old 10-13-2015, 03:48 AM
patfairlane
My Feedback: (170)

What Jose said is true...Unlike the way I was treated in the past, Jose just wanted to find out the facts good or bad and put a period on this transaction...In no way did he have anything to do with what had happened in my case or any other that I am aware of...He owes me nothing but he took it upon himself to prove Jet Central is still a good choice for turbines and service..Jose basically offered to offset the price of the repair that was more than fair and that he had no obligation to do so...I never expected that from him...I am glad to see that I along with others have been taken care of...This is a lesson for myself not to give up on a company just because of miscommunication ..
Thank You Jose...
Old 10-13-2015, 12:46 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Some people may have noticed that the title to this thread has changed, and it is true that I have changed the title to the thread. There is a reason, and one reason only, that I have changed the title for this thread. I have seen no evidence that Eric Clapp had stolen any money. However, because of the way RCU's forums work, a simple title like that can cause great harm well past the confines of RCU so I have taken out the accusations that he stole money. I feel that something like that is being said only to hurt Eric. Unfounded accusations such as that have no place here on RCU and I'm not going to allow them. If you want to discuss the customer service given by Jet Central or Jet Central USA that is fine, but to make an accusation against a person like that without any proof is a bit out of line. And that's why I have removed it from the title.

Some people have sent me messages asking why we haven't removed this entire thread, and I will be more than happy to address that as well. From what I have read looking through this thread I have seen nothing but Jet Central trying to resolve this issue for them, and because of that I feel that this thread has worth here on RCU. It is a good tool for members to see that these companies are out there and that they do take care of their customers.

If you guys want to take about the situation that has occurred here that is fine. But it needs to be done without leveling unfounded accusations.

Ken
Old 10-13-2015, 12:52 PM
FTiano
My Feedback: (11)

How does one email you privately??

Frank Tiano
Old 10-13-2015, 01:18 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by FTiano
How does one email you privately??

Frank Tiano
You can PM me through the RCU system, or you can send an email to [email protected]

Ken
Old 10-19-2015, 07:32 AM
rcjets12

Originally Posted by RCKen
Some people may have noticed that the title to this thread has changed, and it is true that I have changed the title to the thread. There is a reason, and one reason only, that I have changed the title for this thread. I have seen no evidence that Eric Clapp had stolen any money. However, because of the way RCU's forums work, a simple title like that can cause great harm well past the confines of RCU so I have taken out the accusations that he stole money. I feel that something like that is being said only to hurt Eric. Unfounded accusations such as that have no place here on RCU and I'm not going to allow them. If you want to discuss the customer service given by Jet Central or Jet Central USA that is fine, but to make an accusation against a person like that without any proof is a bit out of line. And that's why I have removed it from the title.

Some people have sent me messages asking why we haven't removed this entire thread, and I will be more than happy to address that as well. From what I have read looking through this thread I have seen nothing but Jet Central trying to resolve this issue for them, and because of that I feel that this thread has worth here on RCU. It is a good tool for members to see that these companies are out there and that they do take care of their customers.

If you guys want to take about the situation that has occurred here that is fine. But it needs to be done without leveling unfounded accusations.

Ken

Hi Ken,

Yes I do agree with the name change and has I stated before I just wanted to get the facts for Patrick and now that issue has been resolved as he will get his turbine and he is happy. What I don't agree with in RCU and thus the reason why I do try to avoid RCU is because the name calling. RCU is supposed to be about all of us to get info about the products and or service. However I have seen to many times if one person say something that others don't like it just becomes an attack on that person instead of getting the facts straight. As we know in this industry we can all have problems with any manufacturer for any reason and if someone gets a kit or product and they would just like to say I had a problem with my Jet, Turbine or any product some just come on here and just attack them for no reason. Most of the times I have seen this is because they are sponsored by that company. I have always said just because plenty may have had a good experience with something does not mean that everyone else will also have the same and sometimes things just happen and yes sometimes the wording needs to be better to get better results.