Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets > Turbine Clinic > Jet Central Turbines - Artes Jet
Reload this Page >

I.C.S. battery voltage verification for VT-90

Community
Search
Notices
Jet Central Turbines - Artes Jet Jet Central Turbines formerly the Artes Jet forum

I.C.S. battery voltage verification for VT-90

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2015, 06:25 AM
bRandom

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I.C.S. battery voltage verification for VT-90

Hi I just got a used Rookie 2 with a VT-90 and with the silver ICS (propane start) and was going to use a A123 9.9V on the starter/pump, but was confused by these 2 statements in the manual. I assume the first statement means I should get a battery with the same voltage, but wanted to verify... Thanks! Should I use a 2-cell lipo or do you recommend another specific battery?

-Use the recommended (supplied) starter motor battery or one of the same voltage.If you decide to use a battery with different voltage, the turbine ECU has to be readjusted at the factory

-The I.C.S. can work with
pump battery voltages between 1.2V and 15V in manual start mode, and from 4,8V to 15V in auto start mode.

Thanks,
Brandon
Old 12-14-2015, 02:33 PM
jetmon

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Hello bRandom
The silver (Aluminum case) can only work with 7.2 LiIon or 7.4 Lipo, LiManganese
Regards
Old 12-14-2015, 04:35 PM
bRandom

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks im glad I didnt hook up the 9.9V A123 before I asked!
Old 12-16-2015, 12:09 PM
rcjets12
My Feedback: (21)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bRandom
Hi I just got a used Rookie 2 with a VT-90 and with the silver ICS (propane start) and was going to use a A123 9.9V on the starter/pump, but was confused by these 2 statements in the manual. I assume the first statement means I should get a battery with the same voltage, but wanted to verify... Thanks! Should I use a 2-cell lipo or do you recommend another specific battery?

-Use the recommended (supplied) starter motor battery or one of the same voltage.If you decide to use a battery with different voltage, the turbine ECU has to be readjusted at the factory

-The I.C.S. can work with
pump battery voltages between 1.2V and 15V in manual start mode, and from 4,8V to 15V in auto start mode.

Thanks,
Brandon

For any propane start jet central turbine you must use a 2s Lipo. I would recommend a high c rated battery. You can always upgrade to either Kero start or to the small Xicoy ECU.