Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets > Turbine Clinic > Jet Central Turbines - Artes Jet
Reload this Page >

Super eagle glow plug and gas settings

Community
Search
Notices
Jet Central Turbines - Artes Jet Jet Central Turbines formerly the Artes Jet forum

Super eagle glow plug and gas settings

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2015, 03:50 PM
jetspud

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Super eagle glow plug and gas settings

I sent my super eagle off to get serviced. When i got it back it had a new cremic plug that had the glow plug setting at 15 v. I still use the 7.4 nimh battery so there is no way it will get the new plug hot enough.

So what is or was the setting for the regular glow plug? I put the setting at 1.5 volt but it still would not light off the gas. I think the setting has to be higher than 1.5 volts but dont want to blow the plug since i blew one when it was set at 15v

Next what is the gas(propane) setting?

thanks
david
Old 11-02-2015, 06:34 AM
rcjets12
My Feedback: (21)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you have the ceramic glow you must use that higher setting. I know the battery is only 7.4 but is has to do with the way the ECU reads the V for the glow plug. If you lower it to 1.5v it will never light the ceramic plug
Old 11-02-2015, 04:43 PM
jetspud

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi Jose

I lowered the voltage to go back to the regular glow plug because the new ceramic plug was not lighting the gas off. So i can try the ceramic again and put the voltage back to 15v but just incase it does not work. I would like to just use the regular old glow plug so i can fly. Thats why I was asking about the voltage for the regular glow plug. At 1.5v the regular glow plug lights up but doesnt get hot enough to light the gas. I

Thanks
David
Old 11-03-2015, 04:51 PM
rcjets12
My Feedback: (21)

Originally Posted by jetspud
Hi Jose

I lowered the voltage to go back to the regular glow plug because the new ceramic plug was not lighting the gas off. So i can try the ceramic again and put the voltage back to 15v but just incase it does not work. I would like to just use the regular old glow plug so i can fly. Thats why I was asking about the voltage for the regular glow plug. At 1.5v the regular glow plug lights up but doesnt get hot enough to light the gas. I

Thanks
David
You can try to raise the V a little. I have had issues with glow plugs just depends on which type you are using. I know that cold plugs take a little more. Also make sure that you pull out the filiments enough.
Old 03-15-2016, 04:36 AM
heytex
My Feedback: (11)

Jose what's brand & number glow plug go in super eagel thanks.need ceramic plug are you going to the jet event in s.c.april or n.c.may