Jet Central Turbines - Artes Jet Jet Central Turbines formerly the Artes Jet forum

S-Bus / Power Cables

Old 04-28-2016, 12:41 PM
Nick Yuhasz
My Feedback: (11)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default S-Bus / Power Cables

Just received my two, new Bee80s for my small SM A-10. I need to either extend both the “S-Bus / Power Cables” to 56 inches each or purchase longer cables to be 56 inches long. It appears I could just cut the 4 different size wires (I think) and splice new wires in between to make the included 20 inch cable into a 56 inch long cable.

Any thoughts on this as to can these wires be easily extended or where I could purchase longer cables?

Thanks

Nick

Old 04-29-2016, 03:47 AM
George
My Feedback: (57)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Nick,

I needed a longer cable for Todd's new Rabbit. All I did was make an extension, but you could also do what you mentioned as well. I also think they will make you a "custom" length if you ask...talk to Jose.
Old 05-04-2016, 07:02 AM
jetmon

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hello Nick
I suggest that we send you a couple of extensions, Does are Powerbox wires and are a little thought to solder
I'm out of the country but please send me a mail to jruiz@dym.com.mx and I'll quote you the wires and shipping
Regards
Old 08-14-2016, 06:00 AM
skunkwurk
My Feedback: (18)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hello,

I'm a new Jet Central owner, so far pleased with the quality. My install calls for a tad longer SBUS cable as well, Juan points out these are PBox cables. I have a couple of these as I have used PBox SBUS in most of my recent builds, can I substitute the Jet Central cable with a PBox SBUS cable of appropriate length?

Can I use a PBox SBUS extension?

Also, these cables seem almost identical to the Jet Cat RXI cables (germany on conenctor) except in a different color, I have a few Jet Cat cables as well, are they interchangeable?
Old 08-14-2016, 09:34 AM
skunkwurk

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hello,

I used my fluke multi-meter to check continuity and determine the pin out between Jet Central and Jet Cat SBUS cables. Both are obviously the same type of (6) pin multiplex cable. The Jet Central joins/shorts pins 2-3 & 4-5 (see color of rings in pic), 1 & 6 are straight through. The Jet Cat cable is a straight through cable, pins are one for one. Based on this you would think you could possibly get away with using a Jet Cat Cable on the Jet Central setup but not the other way around. With the Jet Central cable you lose (2) isolated pins for (2) discrete signals potentially used by the Jet Cat ECU and could even cause a short. I would not recommend doing it.

Why did I bother doing this? The Jet Cat cable is a couple inches longer which would work for me, and has a 90 degree connector on the turbine side which would be very useful in my install. ugh!!!

regards.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jet Central SBUS Cable pinout.png
Views:	112
Size:	4.76 MB
ID:	2176857  

Last edited by skunkwurk; 08-14-2016 at 12:25 PM.
Old 08-16-2016, 09:34 AM
rcjets12
My Feedback: (21)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hello

for the Sbus cables for The new Jet Central SE Turbines we do not recommend that the wires get cut and extended. It can be done but again not recommended. The best thing to do is to get another cable and just use as an extension.

The he current sizes that we have are 24", 30" and 40 inches from what I was just told. We normally send the 30" cable with the turbines. Example if you need a 50" we recommend that you use the 30" and then buy a 24" one and use as an extension.

If if you do decide to cut and extend again it is at your own risk as we do not recommend it. The main reason is that this power box cable is not very easy to solder and can be on the tough side and if not done correctly you can cause issues with the signal going to the turbine and ECU.

I hope olé this helps to clarify this issue. Also please please if anyone has a question and because I'm not a big RCU person just give me a call, text or email me as it's the best way to get a hold of me.

Phone 321-412-3078. Email rcjets12@hotmail.com
Old 08-16-2016, 08:02 PM
skunkwurk

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Thank you, Jose.

sc
Old 11-01-2016, 09:21 PM
Ash Creek Flier.

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

How do you get the telemetry from the ecu to work on your spectrum radio?
Old 11-02-2016, 08:37 AM
jetmon

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Ash Creek Flier.
you need the spectrum telemetry adapter
Please contact Jose Melendez rcjets12@hotmail.com for more information
Regards