Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets > Turbine Clinic > Jet Central Turbines - Artes Jet
Reload this Page >

Cheetah glow plug setting with diesel

Community
Search
Notices
Jet Central Turbines - Artes Jet Jet Central Turbines formerly the Artes Jet forum

Cheetah glow plug setting with diesel

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2017, 07:52 AM
tms261six

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cheetah glow plug setting with diesel

I have a Cheetah that I bought new in 2012. I'm just now trying to start if for the first time. I have diesel with Mobil DTE. It spools up to around 3500 with temp around 45C but each attempt ends in "failed start".
All settings are at factory settings. I find it odd that glow power setting is 5.3. I'm using a 9.9v Duralite that came with the turbine. It cycles ok but is 5 years old and unused. I will not fly with it and will use
Booma 9.9 once it arrives. Thanks for any help fellas.
Old 05-03-2017, 11:18 AM
jetmon

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Hello tms
We normally end up increasing the voltage to 5.6 or 5.8,
Just be sure that the fuel is getting to the turbine, if not, increase the Pump Power Ig. K a couple of points at a time
Regards
Old 05-03-2017, 04:53 PM
tms261six

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey thanks for that response. Yesterday a friend Larry Lewis, sent me some parameters. One was glow power 5.5. He stated PP Ig K of 30. Well mine came from the factory at 34 so I left it alone. I also used a new LifePo ECU battery from Booma. I got it started.
Idle and top speed are pretty much dead on. However, subsequent restarts would intermittently fail. So perhaps I need to go from 5.5 to 5.6 or .8. Once it was running, I could not believe how smooth it was. I never would have believed that simply increasing glow power from 5.3 to 5.5 would have made a difference.