Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets > Turbine Clinic > Jet Central Turbines - Artes Jet
Reload this Page >

Weird sound when accelerating past the half throttle (Rabbit VT90)

Community
Search
Notices
Jet Central Turbines - Artes Jet Jet Central Turbines formerly the Artes Jet forum

Weird sound when accelerating past the half throttle (Rabbit VT90)

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2017, 08:52 AM
RobinLeblond

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Weird sound when accelerating past the half throttle (Rabbit VT90)

Hello all,

When accelerating while in the upper half of the throttle, the engine is doing a sound like some old Russian fighter jets (or some of our CF-18) does at startup, maybe a compressor stall sound, I'm not sure. I have a far souvenir to have talked with Eric long time ago and that he helped me correct this issue by make me change something in the ECU parameters, but I cannot find any trace of this discussion. So here I am, do you have any idea of what may cause this and how to correct problem (if it’s a problem that need to be corrected). (also if I slowly accelerate it doesn’t do it, but as soon as I raise the throttle a little to fast it does it, ALSO it does it on the test stand and I don't remember having heard it while in flight).

Thanks
Old 08-03-2017, 02:20 PM
jetmon

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Hello Robin
It looks like you have the acceleration time too fast, hot wether can make this happens
If your ECU is unlock, go to the Run menu and increase the acceleration delay, if it is locked, please contact Jose Melendez [email protected] to instruct you on how to unlocked it,
Regards
Old 08-04-2017, 03:49 AM
RobinLeblond

Thanks Juan, it is unlocked, I will make other tests maybe tonight and let you know. By the way, do you have the initial/factory values for all the setting, I would like to keep a copy of all those value in case a massive extraterrestrial EMP wave it us and erase everything in the ECU memory.... ;-)
And also because I think we did change this value a few year ago and would like to confirm it by comparing with the factory values (of the original Rabbit VT-90)

Thanks
Old 08-04-2017, 06:34 AM
RobinLeblond

Here a video took last weekend, we hear the sound at : 1:02, 1:22 and 1:29

http://www.commandantdrakis.com/rabbit.mov

Thanks,
Old 08-07-2017, 04:23 AM
RobinLeblond

I did some tests and changed the acceleration delay from 26 to 31 and its way better. It still does it some time when lowering and re-accelerating right back in the upper quarter of the throttle, so I will do more adjustment over time. Thanks