Community
Search
Notices
Jet Central Turbines - Artes Jet Jet Central Turbines formerly the Artes Jet forum

Cheetah SE "To Idle Error"

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2017, 02:27 PM
MaJ. Woody
My Feedback: (28)

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Cheetah SE "To Idle Error"

Hi Guys.I sent you an E-Mail but thought I would post this here too in case you saw this first. I have 6 flights on my new Jet that has my bran new Cheetah SE for power. The engine once running, has been an awesome running motor! The problem I am having is starting it. I continue to get failed starts where the turbine starts to run but does not switchover and the message displayed is "To Idle Error". Rich Miller was assisting me and following the instructions in the manual we increased the fuel ramp from the factory setting of 13 to 16. I had two more starts that were ok then the problem started again. I don't have any flames during startup so I then increased it to 18 then 20. The problem still exists. I will get 2-3 failed starts before the turbine will run. We also slowly increase the initial pump voltage from the factory setting of 6 to 8 then 10. Can you tell me what the problem is and how I can fix it?Thanks,Dom
Old 07-03-2017, 04:37 AM
rcjets12
My Feedback: (21)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I emailed you... Please download parameters and email them to me..

Thanks Jose
Old 07-03-2017, 06:23 PM
MaJ. Woody
My Feedback: (28)

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Thanks Jose!
Old 08-24-2017, 10:14 AM
rskiba
My Feedback: (16)

Just curious if you can share what the issue was as I am still learning the Jet Central engines. Cheetah just arrived this week at the shop!
Old 08-24-2017, 11:17 AM
rcjets12
My Feedback: (21)

Originally Posted by rskiba
Just curious if you can share what the issue was as I am still learning the Jet Central engines. Cheetah just arrived this week at the shop!
What happens is when you install your turbine it needs to learn your fuel system with the pump. As per the manual you must make sure that you see min pump ok then go to full throttle slowly until you get max pump ok. This will set your pump limits for min and max.

As for the to idle error that means that your turbine is not getting enough fuel during the ramping stage and it needs to be raised in the start menu which is the fuel ramp. if you get a ignition error or pre heat then you need to raise the ign pw.

Hope this helps
Old 08-24-2017, 11:23 AM
rskiba
My Feedback: (16)

Thanks Jose!