Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets > Turbine Clinic > Jet Central Turbines - Artes Jet
Reload this Page >

Telemetry adapter setup question

Notices
Jet Central Turbines - Artes Jet Jet Central Turbines formerly the Artes Jet forum

Telemetry adapter setup question

Old 10-10-2017, 01:27 PM
rcmigpilot
My Feedback: (26)

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Telemetry adapter setup question

Sent this directly to Xicoy, but thought I'd post it here also so any answers would be available for all.

I would like to add telemetry to my 2 Jet Central powered airplanes with Spektrum RX and DX18 TX, but I would like also like to retain the use of the data terminal to monitor start up etc. Can I connect both the data terminal and telemetry adapter to the ECU at the same time? The instructions show using a Y harness to access the programming options within the Xicoy adapter, but it appears the adapter goes directly into the setup routine if it sees the data terminal. I'm wondering, since this is done before the adapter is hooked to the Spectrum telemetry interface module will it run normally and not automatically go into the programming mode when adapter is hooked to the module.
Old 10-11-2017, 08:13 PM
rcmigpilot
My Feedback: (26)

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Heard back from Gaspar, the telemetry adapter can be Y'd with the data terminal.
Old 10-12-2017, 04:40 AM
Rod_Hart
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for asking the question. I am about to do the same thing.

Rod