Community
Search
Notices
Jet Central Turbines - Artes Jet Jet Central Turbines formerly the Artes Jet forum

ECU Fuel Counter

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2018, 06:40 AM
Edgar Perez
My Feedback: (13)

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts
Default ECU Fuel Counter

Hi,
Next week im going to setup the fuel counter for my turbine. As I understand the process is something like this:
1- Enter fuel tank size using the handheld terminal
2- unplug the startup ground tank. Reset the ECU counter by selectign "R" in the handheld terminal
3- After landing, shut down the turbine, but do not turn off the ECU
4- Measure remaining fuel. Setup the fuel correction so that the ECU reflect the remaining fuel.
5- turn off ECU

From that point off, the ECU should properly reflect remaining fuel in the tank (following the fuel reset process) . I should be able to setup alarms in my Jeti radio based on the JetCentral telemetry values transmitted.

Anything I'm missing?

Thanks
Old 08-15-2018, 07:01 AM
Mannyr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

HI Edgard,

Please let me check and I get back to you.

Thank you

Manny Rodriguez
JetCentral USA
[email protected]
Old 08-16-2018, 04:29 AM
Mannyr

Hi Edgar,

In the Manual on page 24 under the Battery Menu, states this:

On the bottom of the display is a fuel consumption calculator, and was designed to transmit remaining fuel data back to the pilot on systems equipped with telemetry.

To set the fuel consumption calculator, enter the fuel tank capacity in milliliters units and fly a normal flight, at the end of the flight check the remaining amount of fuel in the tanks and enter the value in the “Consum_Correction”.

The ECU will calculate your remaining fuel in tanks with a +/- 5% accuracy.

If a taxi tank is being utilized and it is desired to reset to 100% capacity after disconnecting the taxi tank and prior to take off, there are two ways to achieve this:

• The preferred method is accomplished by moving the throttle stick from idle to full and back to idle very quickly, (i.e. in less than one second), this movement will not increase turbine RPM’s and it will set the tank capacity back to 100%.

• Another method is selecting the “Batteries” Menu on the HDT, highlight “Fuel” and press “R”

Thank you

Manny
Old 08-16-2018, 05:55 AM
Edgar Perez

Hi Manny
I believe my post follows the the process as per the manual. Just looking for confirmation..
Thanks
Old 08-22-2018, 04:45 AM
jetmon

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Hola Edgar
Is your turbine an SP or SE?
If its an SE, what Manny wrote was a quote from the manual
Some pointers, the size of the tank does not need to be exact, a ballpark is enough
if you turn off befor you adyust the remaining fuel, ( it happens to me everytime) you can still adjust it whe power up again, just dont start the turbine
Hope this helps
Saludos
Old 08-24-2018, 11:23 AM
Edgar Perez

Hola Juan
SE. Perfect.
Gracias!
Old 08-31-2018, 08:18 AM
Mannyr

Hi Edgard,

Just Following up here.
Do you got it fixed?

Thank you

Manny
Old 08-31-2018, 12:49 PM
Edgar Perez

Hi Manny,
Thanks for asking. The fuel counter is behaving as expected, so all good.
I have another post on a separate issue with the SD card. Will check that one over the weekend.
Thanks!
Old 08-31-2018, 06:45 PM
Mannyr

Cool!!

Please, let me know we are glad to help you.

you can also reach me to at:
[email protected]
P. (321) 506-6163

Have a happy Labor Day weekend.

Thank you

Manny
Old 09-24-2019, 11:01 AM
MarkShapiro
My Feedback: (52)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Read this post with interest. In the meantime, just wanted to point out how amazing Danny and Manny at Aeropanda are with customer service. About a year ago I was having serious issues with my very old (although scrupulously maintained) propane-start Rhino. Just got it back from the shop for 25 hour maintenance and could not get it to run right. After several attempts to talk me through a solution over the phone, Danny and Manny made a house call to my home in Miami from their place in Melbourne, about 200 miles north of me! They actually arrived in Danny's personal aircraft and all I had to do was pick them up at the regional airport, buy them lunch and take them back. They spent about three hours with me resolving the problem, even calling down to Mexico for further support. Engine has continued to run perfectly. Danny and Manny are amazing. We need more venders like them in our hobby. Thanks again, guys.