Community
Search
Notices
Jet Central Turbines - Artes Jet Jet Central Turbines formerly the Artes Jet forum

Cheetah SE issue

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2018, 01:49 PM
FenderBean

Received 79 Likes on 52 Posts
Default Cheetah SE issue

hello, trying to trouble shoot a problem, I keep getting an ignition error. The temp doesn’t rise in stage one at all, I tested the glow seems to be working disconnected both fuel lines and purged. Increased the pw for the initial a bit and still nothing. I flew It yesterday and it ran fine, then a few hours later I tried to start it again for a second flight and nothing.
i tried different fuel and a different battery as well. Any thoughts? My initial pw is set to .06 and then second stage is set to pw .08
thanks
Old 09-06-2018, 07:13 PM
Auburn02
My Feedback: (1)

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

What happens when you increase the initial pump pw setting?
Old 09-07-2018, 04:09 AM
G4guy
My Feedback: (13)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My Rhino wouldn’t start a couple of weeks ago, no ignition but had fuel. I increased the glow voltage .3 volts, had a brighter glow and has been starting ever since. I have about 20 hours on the turbine.
Ron
Old 09-07-2018, 01:40 PM
jetmon

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Hello Keith
Ignition error is either lack of fuel or lack of glow voltage
If you notice some white smoke coming out means we need to increase the glow voltage, if not, check if the fuel is goint in to the turbine during the start up and increase it if is not
For increasing the glow voltage, you will need to send me a download of the parameters and I will increse it here, and send it back
sorry for my English
BTW I thought you were in Germany
Regards
Old 09-13-2018, 07:27 AM
FenderBean

Received 79 Likes on 52 Posts

Hey Juan, I got back in July from Germany, I did disconnect both lines and ran the prime and fuel flowed. I think I’m just not getting enough voltage now, I tried a 11.1 volt and the turbine started perfect, only thing I noticed was an acceleration error twice during the next few flights. I swapped back to the 9.9v and wouldn’t start. The initial temp doesn’t increase at all. So I swapped to a different 9.9v pack thinking it could be the battery and same issue. I did notice voltage dropped down to 9.2ish during starts. Seems very low since the life pack empty voltage is around 9.4.
Old 09-18-2018, 03:16 PM
jetmon

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Hello Fender
Do a start secuence (not a prime test) with the burner line disconected, see if you have fuel droping, if not, encrease it until you do
If yes, send me a download of your parameters to [email protected]
Regards