Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets > Turbine Clinic > Jet Central Turbines - Artes Jet
Reload this Page >

Cheetah and fuselage full of fuel after run

Community
Search
Notices
Jet Central Turbines - Artes Jet Jet Central Turbines formerly the Artes Jet forum

Cheetah and fuselage full of fuel after run

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2018, 09:46 PM
Mart (Ham)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cheetah and fuselage full of fuel after run

I have a new cheetah had one run and flight but a couple of days later the model is full of fuel pouring from front of turbine!!
I unscrewed the engine to investigate and the engine was full of fuel!.. how and why has this happened?
Old 11-07-2018, 09:54 PM
causeitflies

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts

Was the manual ball valve shut off? Sounds like fuel from the tank siphoned to the engine.
Old 11-07-2018, 10:02 PM
Mart (Ham)

No I didn’t shut off the manual, I didn’t think that was nesasary as the fuel valves should be closed shouldn’t they.. I’ve never shut the manual valve before in other models..
Old 11-07-2018, 10:11 PM
causeitflies

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts

I always close the manual valve first thing after every flight. Solenoid valves and pumps can and do leak. Imagine what would have happened if you would have not noticed the fuel and initiated a start.
Old 11-07-2018, 10:34 PM
Mart (Ham)

Originally Posted by causeitflies
I always close the manual valve first thing after every flight. Solenoid valves and pumps can and do leak. Imagine what would have happened if you would have not noticed the fuel and initiated a start.
i know!! That’s what worried me.. I may Use the manual valve now, but being a brand new engine I would expect the valves to close properly..
Old 11-08-2018, 04:17 AM
Jetpilot24
My Feedback: (21)

Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts

I agree with the siphoning, but if the fuse was full of fuel too, you may have a loose fitting for the fuel line under the cover of the engine leaking. A buddy of mine had a leak at the power pack with a loose fitting.

Joe