Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets > Turbine Clinic > Jet Central Turbines - Artes Jet
Reload this Page >

Running problem Artes JF 120 super eagle

Community
Search
Notices
Jet Central Turbines - Artes Jet Jet Central Turbines formerly the Artes Jet forum

Running problem Artes JF 120 super eagle

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2005, 03:39 PM
basimpsn
My Feedback: (5)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Running problem Artes JF 120 super eagle

Here is my problem.
At startup the ignition (propane) good. My problem started during (ramping)when the fuel start flowing in the engine. There is much flame that it burn the elevator and rubber wires.

Check all the connection to make sure all my fuel and propane line is connected properly.
Blue tubing is AIRSTART, Yellow tubing is propane & Clear tubing for fuel all is good. Solenoid valve wired OK as in the manual.

Start engine again but the same thing happen propane ignite the fuel pump start running RPM start to rise then 12 inch flame shooting out the tail pipe causing paint to melt, tailpipe start to glow red then RPM drop shutdown.

P.S There is no fuel leaks to flood engine. I even remove the front cover to make sure the (clear fuel line) is connected to the (T) connector and not the propane line.

What is causing this to happen
Old 07-20-2005, 05:11 PM
BluFox
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Running problem Artes JF 120 super eagle

Basil:

In reviewing your complaint, and acknowledging you have all components hooked up correctly, it appears to me the turbine is responding to an ECU that is either (a.) not the ECU which comes with our system or (B.) an ECU which for some reason is possibly not programmed correctly. If it is the stock supplied ECU, you must remember the priming function with our system is almost exactly like the start procedure of other turbines. In other words, if you go to high throttle trim and high throttle and leave it there for at least 5 seconds, you PRIME the turbine engine rather than commence the start sequence. Our start sequence is to go to high throttle trim and then High throttle stick - pause - then return to idle. The turbine starts. The fire you experienced seems to be that of a Hot Start. I am very concerned about this experience therefore, I am asking you to respond by advising me of your Serial Number. Your serial number is located under the forward mounting strap. You did not mention if you purchased this Super Eagle new, or used and how many cycles it has recorded. Also, if you are using an ECU other than the factory supplied unit, I am not in a position to assist you with it's programming which possibly is the root of your problem. Our Turbine system is matched and fine tuned. Our ramp up is the quietest of any turbine on the market. Last, please feel free to respond on this forum, PM me, or call me at either number I have listed. 941.423.9931 or 941.468.1283- cell, as we value you as a customer and offer any and all assistance we can. I look forward to your response.

Thank you,
Eric Clapp
jetArtes Gulf Coast
www.jetartes.com
Old 07-21-2005, 08:10 AM
basimpsn

Hi Eric
(a.) not the ECU which comes with our system or (B.)
Yes its a brand new (JF 120 super eagle) engine and all supply equipment came with it, including the ECU. I am aware of the priming sequence and can assure you the flame was not caused by over priming the engine. I don't have the ECU at work with me, so I will have to give you the serial number later.

Fail start is about 5 times, could be more. I hope you can help us out.

Thank you
Old 07-21-2005, 09:46 AM
BluFox

Basil. . .

Thank you for your reply. It is very helpful if I have the serial number of the turbine. Please forward it to me at your earliest convenience so I may check our production test notes and parameters established.

As I am not a great distance from you, I am more than willing to drive over and check out your system. I do have some spare parts as well as ECU's. Please let me know if this will help you out. You may call me at either of the numbers I previously listed. Should you get the much hated "voice mail", just leave a number where I can get back to you. Thank you,

Eric Clapp
jetArtes Gulf Coast
www.jetartes.com
Old 07-22-2005, 07:26 AM
basimpsn

Hi Eric

Here is the serial # JF 100-096 for the JF 120 super eagle Purchase from (Jetsett99)
Old 07-22-2005, 11:14 AM
BluFox

Thanks. . .

I am waiting for information via fax from the factory. As soon as I know what changes if any have been made since your production number, I will be able to meet with you and sort this issue to your satisfaction.

Thanks,
Eric Clapp
jetArtes Gulf Coast
www.jetartes.com
Old 07-22-2005, 11:36 AM
BluFox

Basil. . .

OK, this is what we would like to do. I have reviewed the data on file at our plant and the path the turbine traveled from it's date of manufacturer which was September 04.

I ask that you remove the turbine, fuel pump and ECU, package it in it's original case and either meet me half way (North Port <> Miramar) to get it to me or you can ship it to me. I will then ship it at no charge to you back to our plant. Your turbine will be disassembled, inspected, updated with any changes we have since incorporated, tested and shipped back to you. Our goal is to get this back to you in 7 days. There will be no charge to you for anything. I assure you will be very pleased with your Super Eagle when it arrives back. I apologize for any difficulties you have encountered. Your total satisfaction is our only goal!

Sincerely,
Eric Clapp
jetArtes Gulf Coast
www.jetartes.com
Old 07-25-2005, 12:11 PM
basimpsn

Hi Eric

Sorry i could not get back to you before now. I have already remove the engine from the airplane and getting it ready for shipping or pickup.

Send you my Phone # PM

Thank you
Old 07-25-2005, 12:40 PM
BluFox

Basil:

Please check your email. Sent you instructions as to how we should handle this. It's all good!

I look forward to hearing back from you to confirm>

BRG,
Eric Clapp