Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets > Turbine Clinic > Jet Central Turbines - Artes Jet
Reload this Page >

Question about The Rhino's maximum thrust ??

Community
Search
Notices
Jet Central Turbines - Artes Jet Jet Central Turbines formerly the Artes Jet forum

Question about The Rhino's maximum thrust ??

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2005, 08:47 PM
Steve S
My Feedback: (54)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about The Rhino's maximum thrust ??

I have a new Rhino in my BVM Kingcat & I love the engine!! It is extremely reliable,starts immediately every single time & the spool up time is amazingly super fast!!According to my timing it is just over 1 second from idle to full power.Super strong engine & pushes my Kingcat with great authority(unlimited vertical & takeoff roll is very short).I think this is the perfect combo.

My question is I tested the max thrust output & I'm getting 35 lbs @ 117,000.According to the Artes specs & the manual it says the engine is suppose to be able to see a max of 118,000??Well last weekend we tried bumping up the RPM's to 118,000 & found to our surprise that the handheld display will not go any higher than 117,000??The specs & manual both state that the Rhino is suppose to be able to see 36 lbs @ 118,000

thanks in advance,

Steve
Old 12-29-2005, 10:36 AM
BluFox
My Feedback: (10)

Default RE: Question about The Rhino's maximum thrust ??

Steve:

Thanks for the compliments on the performance of our Jet-Central Rhino Turbine. You are one of a growing number of Bobcat / KingCat owners who are experiencing the exceptional performance and value of our turbines. Several Super Bandits are nearly ready to take to the sky and will be Rhino powered.

In answer to your question, yes, we rate the Rhino at 36 lb of thrust @ 118,000 rpm. As yours is turning @ 117,000 the ECU parameter for maximum RPM can be changed to reflect 118,000.

From the manufacturing facility, all parameters are set. The turbine is then tested. When our QC technician is totally satisfied, the ECU is then locked. We, as you know, allow access to those parameters such as Glow plug values for owner / pilot maintenance needs.

Please PM me your telephone number to discuss how to access to the maximum engine RPM parameter.

Sincerely,
Eric Clapp
Distributor of Jet-Central Manufactured Turbines
jetArtes Gulf Coast
www.jetartes.com
Old 12-30-2005, 04:02 AM
Steve S
My Feedback: (54)

Default RE: Question about The Rhino's maximum thrust ??

Eric,

PM was just sent[8D]

Yes you got that right.I love this engine,so easy to operate & very very reliable.The throttle response is simply amazing!! I have never seen such quick easy startups,never misses a beat!!

Many fellow fliers at my field are so impressed with this Rhino,I think Artes has found a couple more new customers already as a result of this great engine .I cant imagine a better combination for a Kingcat.This Rhino pushes mine straight up on liftoff and keeps on going,going,going.I am a loyal Artes Customer now I can tell ya that,I now own 2 Rhino's & a Super Eagle in my Skymaster F-5.My other NIB Rhino ,I havent decided what it's going in just yet

Many thanks for such a great product!!

Steve