Community
Search
Notices
Jet Central Turbines - Artes Jet Jet Central Turbines formerly the Artes Jet forum

this doesn't look good

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2006, 03:50 PM
dragonpilot
My Feedback: (38)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default this doesn't look good

Hello All,
Please note the balancing scarring. It looks excessive and erractic, any comments? I haven't starter it up yet.
btw, this is a Falcon, and the scarring occurs on pretty much every blade.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx71457.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	52.2 KB
ID:	490550   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hc93162.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	36.8 KB
ID:	490551  
Old 07-12-2006, 07:57 PM
FNIETO

Default RE: this doesn't look good

Hello Dragonpilot,

You should not have any problem with your engine's balance. Please test run it and let me know if there is something that does not work to your entire satisfaction and the engine will be replaced for a new one. If you do not want to test run it and you want it to be replaced anyway, please PM to arrange for shipping.
Best regards
Felipe
www.jetcentral.com.mx
Old 07-12-2006, 09:18 PM
rcguy!
My Feedback: (69)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Fnieto,
Are you saying this condition is normal for a factory fresh turbine with zero time?

Dave
Old 07-13-2006, 10:15 AM
BluFox
My Feedback: (10)

Dragonpilot:

The marks depicted by the pictures are probably white paint and not gouges or grind marks on the compressor wheels.
For your peace of mind, we are sending you a new Falcon turbine. Please provide your address to me. You can email me at [email protected]

Please package up your Falcon and return it to me here in Florida. Please use the plastic and cardboard containers as originally shipped. Please do not send it signature required as it could cause delays. Your new Falcon will be shipped as soon as we receive your address.

RCGUY: Dave, you and I have had many conversations in the past. To answer your question, NO we do not ship every turbine with paint marks on the compressor wheel. If this is what they are, they are harmless. If however they are grind marks, it should not have left the factory. To put your mind at ease and those who read this column, we have had only two reports of this. The first one was paint. This is the second.
Feel free to call me at any time. BTW have you reviewed the manual and information I sent you?

Best regards,
Eric Clapp
Distributor Jet Central Artes Turbines
Old 07-13-2006, 04:23 PM
rcguy!
My Feedback: (69)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: BluFox

Dragonpilot:

The marks depicted by the pictures are probably white paint and not gouges or grind marks on the compressor wheels.
For your peace of mind, we are sending you a new Falcon turbine. Please provide your address to me. You can email me at [email protected]

Please package up your Falcon and return it to me here in Florida. Please use the plastic and cardboard containers as originally shipped. Please do not send it signature required as it could cause delays. Your new Falcon will be shipped as soon as we receive your address.

RCGUY: Dave, you and I have had many conversations in the past. To answer your question, NO we do not ship every turbine with paint marks on the compressor wheel. If this is what they are, they are harmless. If however they are grind marks, it should not have left the factory. To put your mind at ease and those who read this column, we have had only two reports of this. The first one was paint. This is the second.
Feel free to call me at any time. BTW have you reviewed the manual and information I sent you?

Best regards,
Eric Clapp
Distributor Jet Central Artes Turbines
Manual rec'd and Thank You for the prompt mailing of same. Answered my many questions. New jet project is several (many) months behind schedule. Filipe has PM'd me on this subject and I'm satisfied with his response. Looking forward to seeing you at a jet rally soon.

Dave