Community
Search
Notices
Jet Central Turbines - Artes Jet Jet Central Turbines formerly the Artes Jet forum

Super Bee Surging

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2007, 08:29 PM
B1Driver
My Feedback: (26)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Super Bee Surging

Just got back from 6 months in Iraq and when I went to start my beloved super bee and discovered that it surges at idle. I dont remember it doing this before but I might be wrong. I plugged in the computer and sure enough its not maintaining 60k at idle...goes between 55k and 60k. Throttles up nicely to 180k just like before but when returning to idle it maintains 60k for a couple of secs then back to the latent surging. It has about 30 minutes of runtime. Any ideas?

Luis
Old 03-06-2007, 08:46 AM
BluFox
My Feedback: (10)

Default RE: Super Bee Surging

Luis:

First, glad you are back safe and sound. It cannot go without saying " Thank you for your service to your country."
My son Travis served two tours there with the 988th MP Company. His first tour was voluntary; his second was a return set of orders just 45 days after he returned to US soil. He came home safe and sound and now enjoys burning Kero as his hobby.

Your Super Bee issue. I would like you to double check the ECU battery to insure it is reaching a full charge. I am sure you cycled it, but if not please do so. Second, I ask that you start the Super Bee and after idle for 1 minute, go to 1/4 throttle for 1 minutes, then 1/2 throttle for 1 minutes then WOT for 2 minutes. What we are doing is allowing the ECU to re-establish itself with the turbine. After the WOT exercise, bring it back to idle. At idle, I ask you take the temp. reading, PW reading at idle RPM. If it is still fluctuating, take the PW reading as it surges. Assumption is made that your fuel is fresh, oil content is correct and filter is clean.
If the problem persists, know it will be resolved to your satisfaction.

Best regards,
Eric Clapp
Jet Central Artes Turbines
Lifetime Warranty
Old 03-06-2007, 03:50 PM
B1Driver

Eric, Thank you for your support. I am glad that your son made it back safe. Pray that all the others do as well. I will do the ECU excercise this weekend and report back. I hope its as simple as that. Thanks again!

Luis
Old 04-09-2007, 07:32 PM
B1Driver

Eric, just wanted to let you know that I did as you described and the Bee is back to normal..strong as ever and runnin like a top. Thanks again for the support.

Luis