Community
Search
Notices
Jet Central Turbines - Artes Jet Jet Central Turbines formerly the Artes Jet forum

Falcon Shut Down Issues

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2008, 08:39 PM
smitty1001
My Feedback: (29)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Falcon Shut Down Issues

Eric,

As you know, I got the Falcon back from Mexico 6 or 8 weeks ago. I have had about 20 flights or so in the boomerang since then. The first 10 or so the shut down was as when the falcon was new - trim to zero, instant flame out and spool to cool down.

But......................after about 10 flights, which was also the case this summer when it was brand new, it goes like this: trim to zero, fuel pump shuts off, but some sort of small flame keeps going inside the can as the rpm gets low it goes out with a faint howl and faint puff of smoke?!?!?!?! My concern is that if there was a failsafe condition, the flame would not be burned out until well after the plane impacted the ground.

2nd issue........................occaisionally, like 1 out of 50 runs, the turbine will not enter "cool-down" mode and I have to thumb quickly to the test starter menu and hit on until it cools down.

Any ideas?

Smitty
Old 02-04-2008, 12:54 PM
BluFox
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Falcon Shut Down Issues

Smitty:

First, I suggest you go through the "train the transmitter" exercise to insure you have a successful training. Insure the % at "trim low and throttle low" are at 0, trim high and stick low should give you about 25% and finally with stick high, you should have 100% showing. Remember, this is on the second screen.

When at stick low at idle, then go to trim low. You should have immediate shut down and enter the cool down cycle. Cool down cycle will continue until temperature is below 100 degrees.

Some smoke at shut down is normal. As always, have nose into the wind.

If you have any issues which cause you concern, give me a call on 941-468-1246 so we can discuss. If you get my voice mail, I will get back to you promptly.

Best regards,
Eric Clapp
Jet Central Micro Turbines
Lifetime Warranty