Community
Search
Notices
Jet Central Turbines - Artes Jet Jet Central Turbines formerly the Artes Jet forum

gas restrictor

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2008, 08:29 AM
B58
My Feedback: (43)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default gas restrictor

I am just moving my Bee from one airframe to a new one, and noticed that the gas restrictor seems to be plugged. I tried to blow through it and cant, so I used 100 psi of air to try to clear it and seems nothing comes through. Shouldn't I be able to get air through it? I tried both directions. This engine has been hard to light on propane the last few times I have flown it. I am using a filter in the gas line too. Any ideas?Bob
Old 09-15-2008, 08:48 AM
BluFox
My Feedback: (10)

Default RE: gas restrictor

Bob:

Gas filter and gas restrictor are important to the successful operation of your Bee. Carefully remove the yellow Festo line from the restrictor. With a fine piece of wire (similar to wire brush - fine) clear restrictor and check to see if filter is clogged as well. Square off a fresh end of the yellow Festo Gas line and reinstall over restrictor. If unable to clear restrictor and or filter, please email us @ [email protected] with contact information and shipping instructions. New assembly is $14.95 plus $5.00 S&H. If your Bee is covered under our Lifetime Warranty, please provide serial number and your complete name. We will match to our records.

Thank you,
Travis Clapp (for Eric)
Jet Central Micro Turbines
Old 09-15-2008, 09:11 AM
B58

Sent a PM. Thanks Eric. Bob
Old 09-16-2008, 12:07 PM
B58

As usual Jet Central service is wonderful! Within an hour of me sending my engine data to Eric, I received an email that my part was on the way under the lifetime warranty. No one, repeat, no one, does it any better. Bob