Notices
Jet Central Turbines - Artes Jet Jet Central Turbines formerly the Artes Jet forum

bee with 5%

Old 12-15-2009, 11:36 AM
hyperdyne
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bee with 5%

Ok, I have read all the other threads here regarding oil mix. The jist is that the larger JC engines can run on 5% w/ no performance loss but the bee will run better on 2.5%. What would I expect to see if I ran my bees on 5%? Will they perform just the same? Is there some telltale sign of too much oil? Trying to find a balance between fuel mix instead of maintaining multiple cans...

Old 12-15-2009, 11:51 AM
gruntled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: bee with 5%

My understanding from reading past posts was that the bee's "injector" (or whatever it is called on a turbine) can clog if 5% oil is used.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=8304792

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=9166399
Old 12-16-2009, 11:00 AM
BluFox
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: bee with 5%

hyperdyne:

Any oil over 2.5% added to the fuel is . . .oil wasted with Jet Central turbines. Our turbines with exception of the Bee will and do run fine with 5% oil content to the fuel.

The Bee will run as well, however, due to the finite injector nozzles in the Bee, the additional 2.5% oil may cause some performance issues notably at idle and / or acceleration. If the Bee sits stored, it is possible one or more of the injectors may become clogged. We suggest if the turbine is going to be "shelved" for a period of time, run the turbine, let idle then shut down. After cool down, disconnect fuel line from Festo and blow 90 to 100psi of air through the system. This will clear the internal fuel system completely. Nothing else is required. Priming the system MAY be necessary the next time you run the turbine. Caution not to prime into the "can."

Happy Holidays. . .
Eric