Community
Search
Notices
Jet Central Turbines - Artes Jet Jet Central Turbines formerly the Artes Jet forum

Falcon 100 Gas %

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2010, 03:50 PM
drdoom
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Falcon 100 Gas %

Where is the best % to set the gas on the falcon 100. Photo in the book shows 50% I believe. I had to go to 75% to get a light.

Old 04-22-2010, 08:05 PM
k12rc

Default RE: Falcon 100 Gas %

It depends on engine I have two of them and they both are different it where you get a good lite every time
Old 04-23-2010, 10:25 AM
BluFox
My Feedback: (10)

drdoom:

Start gas setting should be in the 28 to 35 range. If it is not lighting at that setting, please remove the filter /restrictor assembly to verify is is not clogged or further restricted by possible contamination.
If using the on board gas tank, insure the filling source (mother can) of propane is actually filling the white on board tank. Note: some valves are more restrictive that others. We use the simple Bernz O Matic valve. Valves with three or more positions seem to perform poorly.

Gas solenoid and ECU. If the gas solenoid is the brass block style and you have the old version ECU (pre October 06) the setting is 100%. If you have the newest version ECU (no wires exiting) and the new gas solenoid (Festo) the above setting I listed is correct.

I would set gas at 30 and increase plug value 2 pts at a time until you reach ignition. Plug setting if using McCoy MC-9 is 25 - 32. If using Rossi #8, setting is 38 - 42. Please clear can of propane fumes prior to each start attempt.

Last, you can convert to the new ceramic igniter ($80) and upgrade your ECU software which effectively eliminates glow plugs forever. If you have the old version ECU, the new version is $250.00. I will need your serial number for programming.

Regards,
Eric Clapp
Old 04-24-2010, 08:58 AM
drdoom

Finally Got things sorted out. I had several Issues. One I couldn't see how far the priming fuel went toward the turbine , Because of the shroud. I reset the gas % back to 50 % and it is working well.
I placed the turbine battery in the back of the jet, for balance, and Noticed that the voltage was interments, So I bypassed my long lead and everything is now starting right off and working well.
Thanks everyone, It is a good feeling when
your turbine starts and runs well.
Dennis
Old 04-26-2010, 01:02 PM
BluFox
My Feedback: (10)

Team work Dennis. . .Team work ! That is what is special about Jet Central owners. Post a question and or issue and we jump in to get things sorted out.

Best regards,
Eric
Old 04-26-2010, 03:58 PM
drdoom

It is now as smooth as silk. It is still a thrill at watch these little turbines run. They draw a crowd when light up in a neighbor hood environment.