RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Jet Central Turbines - Artes Jet (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/jet-central-turbines-artes-jet-139/)
-   -   Spacing b\w nozzle and tailpipe. (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/jet-central-turbines-artes-jet-139/11199403-spacing-b%5Cw-nozzle-tailpipe.html)

macmuz 08-20-2012 12:37 AM

Spacing b\w nozzle and tailpipe.

1 Attachment(s)
Hi guys, gonna ask the same question again as my previous post - Spacing between turbine nozzle and tailpipe? - 5/6/2012 11:06 AM.

In my previous post, phjoker listed a pdf from rcisfun and I thank u for that..
looking into the pdf, it shows to measure from the end of the turbine nozzle and a tailpipe.
well now i have put a bell mouth and want to know where to measue from now?
Do i measure from the start of the inside of the radius or outside of bellmouth to turbine nozzel?

Geez, i'm really confussed on this!
I've put some pics and the pdf for you to see.

Thanks Mario.

rcjetsaok 08-20-2012 03:55 AM

RE: Spacing b\w nozzle and tailpipe.

All my pipes are bell mouthed and non bypassed and the measurement is 1 1/2 inch as recommended.

Dan

Sparhawk 08-20-2012 12:59 PM

That seems a little much. The gap on mine is 3/4" from end of turbine exhaust to start of bell mouth.

Dan

smitty1001 08-20-2012 04:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
<p class="MsoNormal">Depends on the engine. Danno runs the big blocks.

Engine a super bee?</p>

macmuz 08-20-2012 10:58 PM

Hi there.

The engine is a Rhino.
Seems to be a bit of a difference between sugestions.
Anyone form JC willing to chime in?

Thanks Mario.

Sparhawk 08-21-2012 09:50 AM

The gap I have for my Merlin 160 is 1"

Dan

BluFox 08-21-2012 10:53 AM

macmuz:

Please refer to and adhere to the chart as supplied by Jet Central. The correct distance from the end of the nozzle of the turbine to the edge of the knurled front part of the pipe is 1 1/2 " for the Rhino. This is the maximum setting which produces the most thrust / cooling for the pipe. Also refer to the chart or previous received pdf file for the correct pipe ID to be used. Extensive testing has been done to chart these numbers. OH, pipe is required to be centered to the turbine nozzle as well. Any questions, please email to : [email protected]

Regards,
Eric

macmuz 08-21-2012 08:17 PM

Guys,

thanks for the replies.
I must have missed it in the manual.
Must go over it again.

Once again, thanks.

Mario.

andywynn 01-29-2013 05:58 AM

Hi blufox,
I am just setting up my Jet Central rhino and you mention 1.5" (37mm) as the distance from the tail cone to the start of the pipe, in the manual it says a maximum of 32mm (1.25") My tail pipe is 80mm diameter and is currently set to 1.5" (37mm) is this ok or shall i reduce it to 32mm.

Thanks in advance

Andy

andywynn 01-29-2013 07:21 AM

Would just like to thank Blufox for his excellent e-mail service to my question. Answer is i can use either so i'm good to go.

Once again thanks :)

Andy