RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Jet Central Turbines - Artes Jet (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/jet-central-turbines-artes-jet-139/)
-   -   super bee, no ground control from ecu to fuel or gas valves (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/jet-central-turbines-artes-jet-139/11483561-super-bee-no-ground-control-ecu-fuel-gas-valves.html)

Lormuhl 04-18-2013 02:46 PM

super bee, no ground control from ecu to fuel or gas valves

Sent my super bee in for the 25 hour service about five months ago and just got time to install in plane. Performed a transmitter relearn, tested the pump and glow and they are operating properly. Tested the gas and fuel solenoids through the htd and the solenoids will not click. Made sure the transmitter is relearned properly, retested and the same problem. Ohm tested the solenoids and they test good compared to the old solenoids in my eagle.Tested the power to the solenoids and there is 8.20 volts to both when unplugged, but when the solenoids are plugged in, the voltage goes to 1.02. Does it sound like the ecm is no good? I initiate the auto start, the motor engages, the glow plug lights, the fuel pump starts to work, rpm is more than 4000 rpm, but no pulsing from the gas or fuel solenoids. The positive voltage at the connectors are 8.2. I have two days of fand though I would get this thing going. Any advise?
Superbee #jf50281 ecu version 6.16

hooker53 04-18-2013 03:55 PM

RE: super bee, no ground control from ecu to fuel or gas valves

Does your your HDT show any pulse width on the gas Sol on the start up?

BluFox 04-18-2013 04:05 PM

Lorren"

Very strange our call was interrupted with other phones ringing in. What I want you to do is this:

1. Verify training of Tx and ECU by viewing the Pulse / Percentages on second screen (one up from base screen.)
2. With fuel line disconnected from turbine, to the Test fuel pump Caution Prime function which is found in the INFO section of the START INFO RADIO RUN screen. Let fuel pump run until it reaches full speed. Is the flow strong ?
3. Insure trim and throttle are low or full back when testing solenoid valves.
4. is Tx set on correct model?

Do you have the aluminum case ECU or the new V10 ECU?

What type and voltage is your ECU battery.

Please advise so we may sort this out.;

Eric

Lormuhl 04-18-2013 04:41 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Trim down pulse is o997us 0%
Trim up is ready pulse is 1246us 27%
Throttle up pulse is1909us 100%
Hdt volt during start motor and glow engage 8.20 volts.
Battery is a 2500 25c lipo that was charged. Original battery that worked fine. Load tested battery and capacity is 2387mh.

Engaged pump under prim test by disconnecting from turbine, pump full rpm, no flow through solenoid.

Hdt trim down is 0%
Trim up is 27%
Throttle high is 100%

Transmitter has gone through relearn many times and is on the right jet.

Started euro fighter with eagle and it started right up, even using the 2500 2 cell from the bee. Scope shows no pulse width at the fuel or gas solenoids, but the positve side is consistant 8.2 volts.
Aluminum case ecu.

Lormuhl 04-18-2013 04:44 PM

Hooker, no pulse during start for solenoid.

BluFox 04-18-2013 04:46 PM

What V is the battery?

Have you swapped one of the solenoids from the Eagle with the Super Bee system? Verify it works or does not work with the Super Bee ECU.

ECU is aluminum case or new V10 ECU? - Just saw the picture. OK, aluminum case ECU

Regards,
Eric

Lormuhl 04-18-2013 04:53 PM

1 Attachment(s)
2500 2cell 25c lipo.
Would need the tear apart euro to gain access to solenoids
Will try to take apart to test.

Lormuhl 04-18-2013 04:55 PM

Battery rest volts 8.29
Under 10 amp load 8.20

Lormuhl 04-18-2013 05:15 PM

Removed solenoids from euro, installed on bee, engaged fuel and gas solenoid test and the euro solenoids do not work. Plugged the bee solenoids into the euro ecm, engaged solenoid test and the solenoids work. Suspect the bee ecu has no ground control aka pulse width control. Possibly no good ecu?

Lormuhl 04-18-2013 05:44 PM

The battery discharged at 10 amps for 30 seconds was 8.18 volts.
Discharged the battery at 5 amps for three minutes and the discharged voltage was 7.76.
This was after an initial start of the eagle.

Pulled the battery from the eagle, put on bee ecu and still no pulse.
Eagle battery is a hyperion 5000 2 cell 40c lipo.

Lormuhl 05-01-2013 07:52 PM

Update.
Received new ecm from Eric and jet central. Relearned transmitter, tested solenoids and tested good. Primed pump and line. Turnd on the gas, cycled transmitter, turbine started and ran fine.
Thank you to Eric and Jet central for the quick service.

Lorren