RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Jet Central Turbines - Artes Jet (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/jet-central-turbines-artes-jet-139/)
-   -   extra fuel tanks for my jet central falcon (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/jet-central-turbines-artes-jet-139/11606799-extra-fuel-tanks-my-jet-central-falcon.html)

mmflytie 11-17-2014 07:46 AM

extra fuel tanks for my jet central falcon

I have done the maiden on my JL f-15 with a falcon turbine. Specs say it burns on avg 9 oz/ minute. I have 102 oz total and landed after 5 minutes. I had maybe 5 oz of fuel left!!* (saddle tanks empty pretty much evenly) Granted, with the F-15 you have to stay into the throttle most of the time but I tried on straight runs and dives to pull back to half or less( doesn't last long). So I found some space to add 2 more tanks( an extra 30oz) My question is this. I currently have the two saddle tanks in parallel and they empty before the main tank . If I hook up a second tank to each of these saddle tanks and then run my vent line 'Y"d off these new small tanks will I create any fuel flow issues( strain on pump , too far to pull gas etc) Oh and since these tanks are smaller, the outlets are smaller, having to use using 3mm tubing.( rest of fuel tank tubing is 6mm) The tubing length from new small tanks to the saddle tanks is maybe 7 ".

Thanks
Marc

BluFox 11-17-2014 08:40 AM

Marc:

I have followed the Skymaster fuel system diagram for the past 11 years. . .always works well for the installs I have which require 2 + fuel tanks. Please email me if you would like a copy sent to you. [email protected]
When I was flying Falcon, I used 12 oz per minute to gauge my flying time.

Regards,
Eric

dah1202 06-19-2015 07:18 AM

My Falcon is burning through 80 ounces in 3 minutes! Any help with settings / adjustments / tips - anything is much appreciated. I should be burning 1/3 as much fuel.

rcjets12 06-22-2015 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by BluFox (Post 11919738)
Marc:

I have followed the Skymaster fuel system diagram for the past 11 years. . .always works well for the installs I have which require 2 + fuel tanks. Please email me if you would like a copy sent to you. [email protected]
When I was flying Falcon, I used 12 oz per minute to gauge my flying time.

Regards,
Eric

please give me a call that just does not sound right in any way. You may have to send the turbine back for a check up.

jetmon 06-23-2015 06:39 AM

Call Jose
That is not normal and it needs to come back for a check up
Regards

rcjets12 06-26-2015 09:49 AM

I will be at KY Jet as of Sunday the 5th God willing we can also check it there if you are attending.

dah1202 06-26-2015 04:41 PM

Hello Jose,

I'm grateful for the offer to take a look. I have your direct email address and will reply further.