Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets > Turbine Clinic > JetCat Turbine Direct Support
Reload this Page >

Big Flame on Start up of My 120SE

Community
Search
Notices
JetCat Turbine Direct Support Ask your JetCat questions here for the experts that know them. MrMatt and Bob Wilcox will field your inquiries.

Big Flame on Start up of My 120SE

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2010, 07:36 PM
AKB
My Feedback: (6)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Big Flame on Start up of My 120SE

I am getting a huge big orange flame about 2 to 3 feet long on start up. Obviously getting too much fuel. Which do adjust the uaccell 1 or 2 and how many times can I adjust it?

Thanks Alan
Old 10-09-2010, 07:41 PM
KC36330

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Big Flame on Start up of My 120SE

pump start voltage Uaccelr1
Old 10-09-2010, 08:00 PM
AKB

Thanks for the response Kc, I am thinking with the big flame it may take few adjustments, is there a way of knowing if I went too far?

Alan
Old 10-09-2010, 08:03 PM
KC36330

just pull the Kero tube off the turbine, stick it into a cup and use the GSU to set it. you want it to start reliable at the lowest voltage.
Old 10-09-2010, 09:02 PM
AKB

Thanks again KC.
I don't know why I am having this trouble anyways. This engine was moved from my Kingcat where it had no problems and now moved to my Elan where the problems have started. I moved the engine and the ECU only and not the pump. The pump I am using is from a brand new P-200sx. The engine from the Kingcat is not that old either. I do believe that there is no difference in pumps from Jetcat to Jetcat,it 's just the age of the pump correct. The pump gets told by the ECU what the voltage to run at. Like I say this engine never had a problem in the Kingcat. Any comments.

Thanks for help
Alan
Old 10-09-2010, 09:05 PM
KC36330

usually the pump needs adjusting down after it breaks in, not a new one............could be the pump is a little loose.
Old 10-10-2010, 12:59 AM
AKB

Hey KC
Do I feel stupid. I found the problem in my big hurray in swapping engines I placed my kero start solenoid on the input above the propane input, and so it was getting a steady stream of fuel from the igniter line and the fuel line. Hence the reason for the big orange fire ball. I put my pump voltages back where they were. I think things should go a bit better next time out. Learned a big lesson here, check twice or three times before hooking up.

Thanks for the help anyways.

Alan