Community
Search
Notices
JetCat Turbine Direct Support Ask your JetCat questions here for the experts that know them. MrMatt and Bob Wilcox will field your inquiries.

0 Hours on 30 Hour engine?

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2011, 05:53 AM
Thumpster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 0 Hours on 30 Hour engine?

I am working on a model with twin P70 engines. Based on records and current run time on the left engine, the right engine has approximately 30 hours on it. After a run of the engines at the shop, I was going to record the run time on the engines. and the right engine indicates 0 hours, 0 minutes, 0 seconds. It shows 37 runs which seems about right, but 0 Hours. Has anyone seen this before or have any recommendations?
Thanks
Old 03-08-2011, 10:33 AM
doug l

Default RE: 0 Hours on 30 Hour engine?

something is wrong....
30 hours...and 37 runs...your average is almost 55 min. per run,,,,what size of tank??????
Old 03-08-2011, 11:05 AM
Thumpster

Default RE: 0 Hours on 30 Hour engine?

Yeah, our flights are not that long. We must have swapped out an ECU along the way. Last time I checked hours, the left engine had around 3 hours and the right one had 19.5 hours. Now the left has over 13, so I assumed right would have around 30. We run about 2.5 gallons for 2 engines and run on an auxiliary tank until just before takeoff. Flights are usually around 13 minutes with a total run time of about 20 minutes per flight.