Community
Search
Notices
JetCat Turbine Direct Support Ask your JetCat questions here for the experts that know them. MrMatt and Bob Wilcox will field your inquiries.

P-160 Titan Fuel Leak

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2012, 05:06 PM
Viper1GJ
My Feedback: (20)

Received 330 Likes on 217 Posts
Default P-160 Titan Fuel Leak

Need help to find fuel leak.

There is fuel dripping from bottom of my P-160 Titan after each shutdown. It seems to be dripping from where the purple cowl meets the engine case. Any ideas on what to check. Turbine runs great, starts great with kero starts, but drips fuel on each shutdown. I can not see any leaks during running. Any ideas on what to check and how?

Thanks
Gary Jones
Old 04-30-2012, 01:54 AM
Xairflyer
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: P-160 Titan Fuel Leak

Could be a few things, cut in fuel pipe, fuel pipe not pushed in fully to festo fitting or festo to fuel ring join which may be a push or screw on and just needs tightening up. Take the cover off and check.
Old 04-30-2012, 07:19 AM
mr_matt
My Feedback: (10)

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Hi Gary,

As Xairflyer pointed out it could be a couple of things. There are push on (festo) connections under the cowl, you can check to make sure they are secure. Note, there is very little excess line to trim them if you need to so be careful. Also, make sure you do not inadvertently tear the inside of the line if you remove the line from the brass nipple going into the fuel ring.

For the fuel ring itself, there in a large o-ring that goes under it, I would not go farther than to make sure the screws are tight that hold it on. A small amount of leakage is not a big deal so it is up to you to decide if this is critical.
Old 04-30-2012, 06:27 PM
Viper1GJ
My Feedback: (20)

Received 330 Likes on 217 Posts

Thanks Xairflyer and Mr Matt,

I will be a week or two before I can get back and check under the cowl. I will let you know what I find then. I really appreciate the help.

Gary