Notices
JetCat Turbine Direct Support Ask your JetCat questions here for the experts that know them. MrMatt and Bob Wilcox will field your inquiries.

start up stuck......

Old 03-10-2013, 05:31 PM
trioval00
My Feedback: (17)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default start up stuck......

I went to start up my P-120 today and I had an issue. Transmitter on, ECU battery connected,and when I turned on the jet theturbine starter motor went right into high rpm's. GSU never lit up. I am guessing the ECU crashed?

Mark
Old 03-10-2013, 07:40 PM
mr_matt
My Feedback: (10)

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Default RE: start up stuck......

This happened sometimes when the tax antenna was too close to the ECU but I don't think 2.4 GHz will do this.

My guess is the ECU thought the turbine was hot and was trying to cool it. Does your thermocouple look like it's working?
Old 03-19-2013, 05:23 PM
trioval00

Matt, Tonight I got some time to try a few things.

1st. I turned on the jet receiver battery and the turbine starter motor engaged. spun up to high rpm's. NOtransmitter

2nd, this time I turned the transmitter on, then the rx, still the starter motoer engaged and went to high rpm.

3rd, then I replaced the ECU with another one I had, and the same thing happened all over again.

so in the end, it does not matter if the transmitter is on or off, or whicg ECU I use. but as soon as I turn the receiver on, the turbine goes right to high idle..........

any ideas?

Mark
Old 03-20-2013, 12:36 AM
Jetkopter
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mark, it sounds like the front board on the motor is bad, what is the gsu saying are you getting rpm and temp readings?
Old 03-20-2013, 04:05 AM
trioval00

Don, the GSU is dead, that does not light up at all when I turn it on, motor spins and thats it....

Mark

Old 03-20-2013, 03:05 PM
trioval00

ok guys, thanks for the help, but we are up and running.

I called Jetcat today. Spoke with someone and he told me it was either my ECU or the board in the turbine. Already thinking that I came home tonight and checked a few more things.

I turned on the receiver and sure enough the same problem. SO.....

I took out the borrowed ECU and re-installed mine. Then for some reason I unpluged and re-plugged all the connections. Did this a few times thinking maybe, just maybe it was a dirty connection.

Well, it worked, everything was back to normal and it started right up. so I guess from sitting a few months in my shop, I had a poor connection.

Again, thanks for the help....

Mark

JETkopter- Memorial day weekend there is a new Jet Rally in northwest NY, 2 day event. 95% chance I am going, are you gonna head up there?