Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets > Turbine Clinic > JetCat Turbine Direct Support
Reload this Page >

JetCat P120 EGT/RPM Pinouts (Student Project)

Community
Search
Notices
JetCat Turbine Direct Support Ask your JetCat questions here for the experts that know them. MrMatt and Bob Wilcox will field your inquiries.

JetCat P120 EGT/RPM Pinouts (Student Project)

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2013, 12:08 PM
theonejames

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JetCat P120 EGT/RPM Pinouts (Student Project)

Hi,

Hopfully someone can help me on this. Iv got a JetCat P120 running on a test bed using a control box iv designed to be used with LabView for student demo's.

The last thing to connect is the EGT/RPM cable, however i cant for the life of me figure out which cables in the RJ12 send what signal. Has anyone ever found out which of the 6 wires do what?

Help on this by anyone would be more than appricated as iv got the presentation to do very soon and with out EGT/RPM the system doesnt work.

Old 04-26-2013, 01:47 PM
Thud_Driver
My Feedback: (1)

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: JetCat P120 EGT/RPM Pinouts (Student Project)

The cable is effectively RS-232. You may need to put a scope on each wire to figure out which ones transmit/receive data.

The following is the only thread I know of where anyone has done anything with the cable and he only did testing to see what happened when each wire was disconnected. Could be other info on some of the conductors. Doubt this is much help.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_99...tm.htm#9923534