Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets > Turbine Clinic > JetCat Turbine Direct Support
Reload this Page >

Jetcat USB Cable and Software

Community
Search
Notices
JetCat Turbine Direct Support Ask your JetCat questions here for the experts that know them. MrMatt and Bob Wilcox will field your inquiries.

Jetcat USB Cable and Software

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2014, 11:25 AM
Moonlight24

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Gaspar,

now that you are already reading - just one off topic question.
What's about a turbine data sensor for the Spektrum telemetry like the one for JetCat ? I really would like to have the for my WREN engines. Please Please Please

Cheers,
Ralf
Old 07-24-2014, 11:28 AM
Gaspar

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Ralf,

If you have our old USB lead (the one with a small box in the middle of the lead), this use a FTDI chip, we have drivers for these for all 32 bit systems, but not for 64bits. Current adapters run with all (known to date) Windows OS. BTW, talking of the old lead, Digitech in NL used to sell a lead that looked very similar to ours but that the drivers it need are different, we don't have the drivers for these.

Gaspar

Last edited by Gaspar; 07-24-2014 at 11:30 AM.
Old 07-24-2014, 11:34 AM
Gaspar

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Oppss this is really off topic here. We are working now in the HOTT protocol (almost finished) next will be Spektrum (need different hardware), but if you are in a hurry, you can use the Spektrum JetCat adapter together with our serial converter. Contact me directly for details.

Gaspar
Old 07-24-2014, 11:38 AM
Moonlight24

Email sent.

Ralf
Old 07-24-2014, 11:47 AM
Jeffy Westside

Ralf,

I appologize for being ambiguous. I was not talking about my Lipo battery reversing polarity. I was talking about by RC throttle controller, but my associate actually just worked out that issue, so we don't need to worry about it for now. The battery that powers the ECU is new and is functioning properly. The GSU does in fact work correctly with the ECU. All of the menus come up, and if I hit the spool button on the ECU, the turbine will begin to spin, and the RPM reading on the GSU changes from zero to reflect that change.

Gaspar,

One of the computers with which I am working has a RS232 port, but I do not have the lead/ cable required to attach the GSU with the computer that way. I think that buying one of those will be my next coarse of action. Any idea what the cable is called so that I can buy one?
Old 07-24-2014, 05:46 PM
rslstft
My Feedback: (10)

Jeffy,
PM me your address. The company I work for supplies a USB to Serial adapters for all the systems we sell. It has a FTDI chip in it, we also had problems with the Prolific ones. They seem to work well with all Windows OS. At least you can give it a try.

Last edited by rslstft; 07-24-2014 at 05:48 PM.
Old 07-25-2014, 10:42 AM
Jeffy Westside

Just to be clear that we are thinking of the same thing, what does the RS232 serial converter that you're talking about look like? Is it the male, trapezoidal RS232 jack on one end with a phone cable jack on the other end (the type that plugs into the ECU)?
Old 07-25-2014, 11:22 AM
Jeffy Westside

rslstft: I just PM you.

Gaspar,

I would love to know how to use the Spektrum JetCat adapter together with our serial converter; however, when I tried to PM, I didn't have the option to send you a message. To where should I direct my inquiries?

Status update: My GSU was set to operate under the following circumstance: "ON; TrbCtrl ON". I changed the setting to "ON; TrbCtrl OFF" and then initiated the "starting and stopping of the turbine in 'single-channel mode," and the LEDs started to glow properly and the engine actually tried to start up. It would have to except for the fact that I purposefully left the fuel tank empty, but this is huge!

I tried to follow the instrucitons on pg. 24 of the SPT5 manual "learning" the radio control system;" however, when I held the "select menu" button on the GSU, and opened the jet-tronic progra, the LEDs did not glow as they should have, and I did not see "Release Key to: - learn RC -" appear on the screen of my GSU (which it should have). For some reason, I have the feeling that this "learning process" is the key to Jet-tronic recognizing my ECU. Is that notion completely ridiculous, or is there at least some merit to it?
Old 07-25-2014, 01:27 PM
Jeffy Westside

rslstft: I just PM you.

Gaspar,

I would love to know how to use the Spektrum JetCat adapter together with our serial converter; however, when I tried to PM, I didn't have the option to send you a message. To where should I direct my inquiries?

Status update: My GSU was set to operate under the following circumstance: "ON; TrbCtrl ON". I changed the setting to "ON; TrbCtrl OFF" and then initiated the "starting and stopping of the turbine in 'single-channel mode," and the LEDs started to glow properly and the engine actually tried to start up. It would have to except for the fact that I purposefully left the fuel tank empty, but this is huge!

I tried to follow the instrucitons on pg. 24 of the SPT5 manual "learning" the radio control system;" however, when I held the "select menu" button on the GSU, and opened the jet-tronic progra, the LEDs did not glow as they should have, and I did not see "Release Key to: - learn RC -" appear on the screen of my GSU (which it should have). For some reason, I have the feeling that this "learning process" is the key to Jet-tronic recognizing my ECU. Is that notion completely ridiculous, or is there at least some merit to it?
Old 07-29-2014, 12:40 PM
Jeffy Westside

Does anybody know of a way that I could record the RPM of my engine in real time without the use of the Jet-tronic software? Is there some other way that I can access that data using a computer or the GSU/ECU?
Old 01-26-2016, 12:33 PM
Marcin

Hello Jetcat'ters
I'm experiencing problem in connecting Jet-tronic for windows application with ECU 10. It starts to connect the ECU and after 11% of progress it stops and "Run-time Error 9; Subscript out of range" appears.
PC setup (MS win 7/ 32) communicates perfectly with previous versions of ECUs ( 6, 5). The problem appears only with ECU 10.

Any solution ???

I've got the solution.
There is a .exe file on the German JC web page.
http://www.jetcat.de/software-downloads/download.htm
You have to copy the downloaded .exe file into a folder where the Jet-tronic for windows has been installed. Now it works with ECU v 10.2L

Regards,
Marcin

Last edited by Marcin; 01-28-2016 at 04:06 AM.