Notices
JetCat Turbine Direct Support Ask your JetCat questions here for the experts that know them. MrMatt and Bob Wilcox will field your inquiries.

Jetcat turbine p200 help

Old 04-04-2014, 08:21 AM
Mr man toys

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jetcat turbine p200 help

Hi there I have owned a jetcat p200 turbine for 6 years it is the v5 version ecu it has been in storage for 3 years it worked perfect before I tried to start it last night and it the starter oring was warn so I replaced with a new one I go to start it all the leds flash in sequence as they should it starts to spin up but that is it it just stays on amber "run" light and spins but does not do anything else it will not speed up and you cant hear gas valve open iv tested functions gas valve fuel valve fuel motor glow plug all work iv noticed that when it is spinning it is not showing rpm on the gsu display should it show soon as it starts spinning or only when it has reached certain rpm? I hope someone can help me as I am totally stuck also I have just bought a new 3000mah 2s lipo to give it more kick as the original nicd seemed weak I look forward to your answer many thanks regards Bren ; )
Old 04-04-2014, 04:00 PM
Thud_Driver
My Feedback: (1)

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

You might try replacing the black data cable to the engine with a different one. The temperature may not be reading correctly as well.
Old 04-05-2014, 10:55 AM
Mr man toys

Hi thanks for the advice I have swapped the data cables around all I get is it starting up and it just spins forever but does nothing else it just stays on yellow starter on
Originally Posted by Thud_Driver
You might try replacing the black data cable to the engine with a different one. The temperature may not be reading correctly as well.
Old 04-05-2014, 07:08 PM
Thud_Driver

Do you have a good temperature reading and does it work if you blow hot air on it (maybe a heat gun/hair dryer)? If so, it's not the cable and just the rpm sensing.

Been awhile for me on the P-200 but I think it uses IR Led's for rpm. If you look in the inlet housing there are openings on each side to shine the led thru the hole in the nosecone. Might see if they are dirty or blocked.
Old 04-06-2014, 03:45 PM
Thud_Driver

By way of an odd coincidence, I was at the Hemet club in Southern CA today and a friend there had exactly the same issue with a P-200 - yellow light, no rpm, etc. Data cable swap of the one from the ECU to the engine fixed it right away. Luckily, I had an old used one in my tool box so we got sorted out pretty quick.
Old 04-07-2014, 01:40 PM
Mr man toys

Hi thud_driver sorry for the late reply I have been busy with work and have not had any spare time to investigate any further hopefully I will be able to look tomorrow night I will try what you have suggested the data cable looks as new do you know if all 3 data cables are the same apart from length as I have tried the one from led board to gsu on the engine and ecu and no joy I will see if rpm sensor is ir I took the rear inlet alloy case off before to see if there were any loose wires I noticed a tiny black square is this the pick up sensor I dont think its ir as I cant recall seeing and holes through inlet casing seems to me like it picks up the inlet blades through casing as the pass I originally bought this motor 8 years ago from a guy in arizona off ebay he had 10 of them strapped to a wing on his back wow ha its got 5 hrs use on it I need to hear it fire up again I love the sound gutted its not working sure we will get to the bottom of it ; )
Old 04-07-2014, 04:21 PM
Thud_Driver

Sounds more like the hall effect rpm sensor. The P-70 also has the hall sensor for rpm and I did have one fail. It took a new circuit board in the engine to fix.
Old 04-08-2014, 11:33 AM
Mr man toys

Thanks for the replies well iv tried again the temp is reading correctly but still no rpm showing or does it only start showing at a certain rpm? All it does is start and stay spinning steady until I turn throttle off very strange
Old 04-08-2014, 12:07 PM
Thud_Driver

Rpm should show up right away, certainly within a second or so. Starting to sound like a trip to the shop.
Old 04-08-2014, 12:32 PM
Mr man toys

Yes I think so too mate this motor is from jetcat in america do you think jetcat in germany will accept it as its closer to me shame there is not a jetcat clinic in the uk. Here is a short video I have just taken and put on youtube of what it is doing link below Thanks

Last edited by Mr man toys; 04-08-2014 at 12:50 PM.
Old 04-08-2014, 12:33 PM
Mr man toys

http://youtu.be/4mHPotOqzWQ

Last edited by Mr man toys; 04-08-2014 at 12:37 PM.
Old 04-08-2014, 01:42 PM
Thud_Driver

What's with the PowerFail before and after you dialed the servo tester?

You'll have to contact JetCat Germany and ask. I'd say your rpm sensor is history.

Last edited by Thud_Driver; 04-08-2014 at 01:45 PM.
Old 04-08-2014, 02:14 PM
Mr man toys

Ok I think the power fail was me unplugging the ecu battery? Iv tried to reset ecu too all the while its not shown rpm so I guess the hall sensor has packed in trip to the shop I guess wonder if the servo tester might be somehow the cause if thats gone faulty? I could try my dxi remote ha just my luck wish it was something I could fix