Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets > Turbine Clinic > JetCat Turbine Direct Support
Reload this Page >

Foot Long Flame behind P120 & Fuel Floods

Community
Search
Notices
JetCat Turbine Direct Support Ask your JetCat questions here for the experts that know them. MrMatt and Bob Wilcox will field your inquiries.

Foot Long Flame behind P120 & Fuel Floods

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2015, 09:50 AM
jayps72

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Foot Long Flame behind P120 & Fuel Floods

Need help plz,

I borrowed an used P120 (Engine only) from a friend, I just swapped the engine on the aircraft ( Older P70 to new P120). I change the Key 2: 41- engine feature to P120 on My ECU V5.0

P120 On Propane Start: engine ignites well and in 10 secs we see the long flame coming out from the rear...and it only gets bigger. (Kindly note: when i put my old P70 back on the aircraft... it starts well)

So Far: I have changes the UCCL1 & the UCCL 2 to lowest , fuel purge test (ok) no air in the fuel line

P120 Engine just doesn't get to Idle and never to the Max RPM ( ignition time out most of the time), WE even tried manual ignition.... only flaming trough t the exhaust & engine is flooding with fuel
Old 04-22-2015, 09:12 PM
NZjet

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

just a guess, gas and fuel lines correct way around?
Old 04-22-2015, 10:24 PM
jayps72

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The fuel is connected properly...should i change the fuel pump? ( the existing is working well on P70)
Old 05-16-2015, 10:58 PM
morwan_gsm

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

are you sure you selected P120 not P120SE or SX ?, are you sure that your borrowed engine is 120 ? in my experience i had a similar problem when i don't select the right engine in the GSU, nothing to do with the fuel pump or solenoids since they are working fine in the P70 engine.

Marwan