Notices
JetCat Turbine Direct Support Ask your JetCat questions here for the experts that know them. MrMatt and Bob Wilcox will field your inquiries.

P140RX smokes on diesel

Old 03-10-2016, 08:28 PM
BoomerSooner
My Feedback: (80)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default P140RX smokes on diesel

Switched to diesel last year with no problems on any of my turbines except for my 140rx. It smokes like a chimney all the time, not just during startup/shutdown. Runs great just smokes a lot. Sent it in for service at the end of the season. I finally got around to re installing it in my flash and it still smokes like crazy. Anyone else have a 140 that smokes all the time?
Old 05-01-2016, 12:31 PM
josecilurzo

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Well, we run all our JC on diesel / jeta1 ( 70%/30% mixed ), but, i was used 100% diesel too, i think that the smoke that you have on you 140rx, is the oil mix ratio, on full diesel try 4% oil on fuel.
After many tests performed, for me, the best result on fuel mix is 70/30 diesel / jeta1, with 4,5% oil mix, to best : thrust, smoke, start and smooth running. All my engines have had 90 hs or more, after many inspections and bearing changes ( 50 to 70 hs run time ), the engines are absolutely perfect!!!

hope helps

jose