Community
Search
Notices
JetCat Turbine Direct Support Ask your JetCat questions here for the experts that know them. MrMatt and Bob Wilcox will field your inquiries.

A new Battery question

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2016, 05:04 AM
chopper52

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A new Battery question

Hey Guys
I have been searching for this answer to my question .....I have a 3800mah 9.9 3 cell Life battery in my jet for JetCat ECU only....I fly for 6 min.(What is the stop voltage I should not fly???) Please help..And thanks...........
Old 08-03-2016, 11:15 AM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

Ummm......

There isn't a good way to volt check LiFe/A123 type batteries as the discharge curve is very flat right up to where it falls off a cliff and dies. So with that chemistry, you fly them by time e.g. determine what your average usage is per minute and recharge when you get to about 50% is what I do. Don't go more than 80% used.

I would suggest you spend a bit of time in probably the radio forum for some more input on these batteries.
Old 08-03-2016, 01:30 PM
rcmigpilot
My Feedback: (26)

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

As Zeeb said, you can't go by voltage, only mah used. You can either get some sort of mah counter, I use a Booma RC switch, or charge, make a normal flight, then recharge, divide that number into 1800 (50% of your pack capacity) to find out how many flights you can can safely make before needing to recharge.
Old 08-03-2016, 03:27 PM
chopper52

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Guys Will Do......