Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets > Turbine Clinic > JetCat Turbine Direct Support
Reload this Page >

P140RXi Low voltage error on start

Community
Search
Notices
JetCat Turbine Direct Support Ask your JetCat questions here for the experts that know them. MrMatt and Bob Wilcox will field your inquiries.

P140RXi Low voltage error on start

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2016, 11:59 AM
zelayaroberto

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default P140RXi Low voltage error on start

Hi, I need help with an issue I am having.

- JetCat 140 Rxi installed since new on a BVM PNP 1/6 F16

- ECU power: life 2100 mAh 9.9V (same and original batt since new)

- 6.5 hours of run time

- More than 40 flights without any problem

- Yesterday on second flight turbine start, I received low voltage error from the ECU. Battery had only one flight.

- I recharged the batt and tried again, same problem.

- Tried again and did manage to start the turbine and flight was without any problem.

- I put a couple of more flights with same issues on first attempts starting the engine.

- During the first stages of the starting procedure I did notice that the voltage of the battery got to 9.3 from 10.0

- For today's flights I replaced to a new batt but 3800mah also 9.9v and had the exact same issue, so it is not the batts I asume.

Thank you for your comments.

Roberto

Last edited by zelayaroberto; 11-27-2016 at 12:22 PM.
Old 12-20-2016, 02:45 PM
gabjhup

Hi Roberto,
I had the same issue with my 140RX for a few months last year. The turbine would intermittently fail on start. On restart it would start with no issues. Ran a battery checker the battery seemed ok. Kept flying for another couple of months and then I had a flame out resulting in the loss of my jet. When I sent the turbine back for inspection it came back that it shut down due to low voltage. The battery had less than 30 flights on it and when it failed it was only the 3rd flight of the day while the jet was just above idle at low altitude. Just this weekend I had another failed start with slow acceleration warning... I hope the new LiFE battery is not starting to play up again.... I am tempted to go back to a LiPo battery....

If anybody has some advice or has had a similar experience I would love to hear.

Cheers
Greg
Old 12-23-2016, 01:37 AM
zelayaroberto

Originally Posted by gabjhup
Hi Roberto,
I had the same issue with my 140RX for a few months last year. The turbine would intermittently fail on start. On restart it would start with no issues. Ran a battery checker the battery seemed ok. Kept flying for another couple of months and then I had a flame out resulting in the loss of my jet. When I sent the turbine back for inspection it came back that it shut down due to low voltage. The battery had less than 30 flights on it and when it failed it was only the 3rd flight of the day while the jet was just above idle at low altitude. Just this weekend I had another failed start with slow acceleration warning... I hope the new LiFE battery is not starting to play up again.... I am tempted to go back to a LiPo battery....

If anybody has some advice or has had a similar experience I would love to hear.

Cheers
Greg
Greg, thank you. The problem is that I tried with three different life batts. Same result. Even went with a new 3800mah 9.9.

Roberto
Old 01-22-2017, 06:15 PM
zelayaroberto

Now the problem got worst. While the engine was running suddenly it shut down when I slightly touched the connection between the battery and the ECU. It appears that is a faulty connection on the ECU where the battery connects. I do not feel comfortable having the ECU repaired, probably I will end buying a new one (expensive), but I do like to send the current ECU to dreamworks to have it checked......
Old 07-10-2017, 06:59 AM
sysiek
My Feedback: (176)

Received 90 Likes on 65 Posts

Have the same problem with my with the battery low voltage on the life packs the hold for only two flights ,wish I could use 3s lipo instead of the expensive life packs .did someone try to use 3s lipo? Or is this ok?
Old 07-16-2017, 06:12 AM
zelayaroberto

Originally Posted by sysiek
Have the same problem with my with the battery low voltage on the life packs the hold for only two flights ,wish I could use 3s lipo instead of the expensive life packs .did someone try to use 3s lipo? Or is this ok?
Stay with life 3s.
Mine is perfect now, the problem was the ECU, I sent it to Jet Cat and they changed it under warranty.