Notices
JetCat Turbine Direct Support Ask your JetCat questions here for the experts that know them. MrMatt and Bob Wilcox will field your inquiries.

P90-rxi

Old 12-20-2016, 06:49 AM
AlanRockey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default P90-rxi

I have two P80-SE engines. Was considering changing to 90-RXI:
it may be too early to tell but is the new internal fuel pump and Kero start arrangement under cowl more expensive to maintain? Is overhaul cost and interval generally the same for both engines?
Old 12-20-2016, 10:06 PM
2walla
My Feedback: (10)

My friend Paul has had 2 of them and was very happy with them both.. His first one had to go in for service due to an airframe issue( the airplane came apart in flight) and I don't think the service cost was too bad for what it needed.. He liked it well enough to buy a second one for his elan. He is selling the second one with 4-5 hours on it it because he moved and downsized his aircraft fleet and going to build something in a 45-60 sized turbine he can fly at his local field.
Old 12-21-2016, 12:05 AM
Dave Wilshere

Received 732 Likes on 528 Posts

The pump can be user changed if you have basic tools like lock wire. The kero burner is no different to any SX/RX/NX turbine, it has to go in, but in the hundreds we have sold very few have issues.

I have a 90Rxi and it is a good turbine, there are a few in my local group and they continue to work well too.

Speak with JetCat USA, they can advise you best.

Dave
Old 12-21-2016, 04:45 PM
AlanRockey

Thank you Sir