Community
Search
Notices
JetCat Turbine Direct Support Ask your JetCat questions here for the experts that know them. MrMatt and Bob Wilcox will field your inquiries.

P20 Pump problem

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2018, 03:49 PM
Aussie1

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default P20 Pump problem

I have just replaced my fuel pump on my P20, ver10 ECU, as the old one wouldn't pump fuel, even though it would turn. When I run the new pump in the test menu, it pumps fuel perfectly, but when I go to start, a message "no pump" comes up! I have tried resetting ECU to factory, learning RC, but no change. Would anybody have any ideas of what might be going on?
Old 01-31-2018, 08:32 PM
George
My Feedback: (57)

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Post a video of the GSU screen showing the entire boot-up.
Old 02-01-2018, 01:36 AM
Dave Wilshere

Received 735 Likes on 531 Posts

What software version do you have on the ECU? If its an older type (10.2-10.3) and the pump is the latest software the ECU won't match the pump (JetCat call it seeing the pump to link) on boot up. It definitely says Fuel Pump during the boot up phase-the bus pumps can be set to smoke pump. Should be B2 pump.
Old 02-01-2018, 02:11 AM
Aussie1

Originally Posted by Dave Wilshere
What software version do you have on the ECU? If its an older type (10.2-10.3) and the pump is the latest software the ECU won't match the pump (JetCat call it seeing the pump to link) on boot up. It definitely says Fuel Pump during the boot up phase-the bus pumps can be set to smoke pump. Should be B2 pump.
Dave, I took a video of the boot sequence as George suggested but site won't let me post video. On boot up it shows V1.0D, and it is a P20 SE with kero start. I don't really understand what you mean by, "It definitely says Fuel Pump during the boot up phase-the bus pumps can be set to smoke pump. Should be B2 pump" If you think that I may be able to try something else, I'm willing to try anything! Interairco is our local JetCat dealer, and I guess that Peter would be able to upgrade the ECU firmware? Really appreciate your help guys!
Old 02-01-2018, 07:14 AM
Dave Wilshere

Received 735 Likes on 531 Posts

Is it 10.0D or? Could be 10.0, 10.1, 10.2, 10.3 or latest 10.4 and a letter.

I should say what pump is attached and a V number for the pump too.

You will have to talk to Peter and find out if he can flash the ECU's in Aus

Dave
Old 02-01-2018, 11:51 AM
Aussie1

Dave, all good, apparently the ECU needs to be flashed, but for others out there, if you have a digital Jetcat pump and need to replace it ,

there is a strong chance that you will need to send your ECU back to a service centre to make it compatible with the pump. Peter from Interairco can do the job here in Australia.
​​​