Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets > Turbine Clinic > JetCat Turbine Direct Support
Reload this Page >

Finding service history on a P160

Community
Search
Notices
JetCat Turbine Direct Support Ask your JetCat questions here for the experts that know them. MrMatt and Bob Wilcox will field your inquiries.

Finding service history on a P160

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2018, 06:11 PM
sam@ata
My Feedback: (16)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Finding service history on a P160

I have recently purchased a P160 that, per the 2nd owner of this engine, has received its 25hr service under the previous owner from whom owner #2 bought the engine from. It has a little over 4 hrs run time currently and is very smooth. I have sent a request to Jetcat Americas, aka Dreamworks , to inquire about their service records and im hoping they were the ones that zero timed the engine. My puzzlement is about the serial number which looks like it has been written over as seen in the picture. It looks like it did read 1157 but reads now as 250.
Anyone else have any thoughts on why a sn would be scri

205 or 1157 ?
bed over from service?
Old 11-29-2018, 06:22 AM
p-40lover

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

never seen that before.looks like someone wanted to change the number probably a hot engine
Old 12-03-2018, 04:13 AM
sam@ata
My Feedback: (16)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

After hearing back from JetCat America’s, it has been determined that a P160 with the assumed serial number has had service there and had been upgraded to Titan in 2008 and serviced in 2011. Original owner was overseas.
Thanks to the Jet Cat service center for finding what info they could. Now to find a ride to put it in.