Community
Search
Notices
JetCat Turbine Direct Support Ask your JetCat questions here for the experts that know them. MrMatt and Bob Wilcox will field your inquiries.

P200 start issues.

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2019, 11:29 AM
larry11
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default P200 start issues.

Hey guys,
recently having a hard time getting engine started.
Im getting a code “low temp” on failed starts.

It appears the burner valve is now not pumping/dripping fuel.

Ive done the following tests with the following results.

Removed both fuel lines from engine and ran the fuel purge. The fuel pump pumps the fuel fine..

I’ve run the burner valve test with the gsu all the way from .25-1.00 volts and it will not pump fuel. It’s just clicks.

The only way I can get the burner valve to pulse or pump fuel is if I have the voltage cranked up to ..6-1.0 volts why initiating the start sequence. (Both fuel lines are still not connected when to engine when doing this test)

im not sure why the burner valve is doing this now?

any ideas why?

thanks
larry
Old 10-12-2019, 12:00 PM
Dave Wilshere

Received 735 Likes on 531 Posts

On the fuel purge, what is the lowest voltage the pump starts to turn? If you take the default 0.5v down to 0.2v does the pump turn and pump fuel?
How old is the pump?

Old 10-12-2019, 12:10 PM
larry11

Hi Dave, thanks for the reply.

Im not sure how old the pump is. I suspect it’s the original. It’s engine number 0686. Only about 4 hours total on it though.

The last time I started and ran the engine successfully was about 2 weeks ago. Prior to that, it sat for around 1 year.

I just ran the pump fuel purge test. Initially the pump wouldn’t start until it saw around 1.4 volts.
I just ran it up to about 3.0 volts and pumped fuel for around 15 seconds.

After I ran it for a shorts time the pump would now start to run at around 1.1 volts.
Old 10-12-2019, 11:47 PM
Dave Wilshere

Received 735 Likes on 531 Posts

OK, its never going to start then! I guess the brush gear is clogged or dirty. Remove the pump from the AC, it needs connecting with a fuel supply to circulate so the gears never run dry. The DC motor needs a supply around 2v, some older chargers have a motor run in setting for the old buggy motors, or a 2v PB glow plug battery source works if it’s 2Ah and fully charged.
Run the pump/motor for around an hour, if you have an airline in your shop, cut out the two cooling slots in the motor and blow out the dust.
Try again, the pump must be able to pump from 0.1-0.200v

Otherwise it’s a new pump!

Dave
Old 10-13-2019, 06:30 AM
larry11

Thanks Dave,

I do happen to have an an older charger that has the option to run/break in brushed motors.

Ill get it a try and hopefully be able Save the one I have.

Thanks

larry
Old 10-15-2019, 11:19 AM
larry11

Ok,
here is the latest with the no start issue.

I was able to run the fuel/pump on the bench at lower voltages successfully.

I then Reinstalled the fuel pump to the ecu and turbine and attempted to a start. Same issue was present as before.

I then ran the fuel pump through the ecu/gsu fuel pump purge option and again the fuel pump wouldn’t start running until I ran it up to around 1.1 volts.

i found this very strange..... I then put a multimeter to the fuel pump and it was only reading about .1-.15 volts at the fuel pump motor when the gsu displayed 1.1 volts.

So somewhere there appears to be a 1 volt loss.

Not sure what would cause this?
So far this is where I’m at.
Old 02-06-2023, 11:46 PM
dbsonic
My Feedback: (3)

Larry, I see something similar on a P120SX here recently. Did you ever find a solution?
I've completely bypassed everything so it is just the pump and the purge "value" is about 1.0 before pump moves fuel(which may not actually be a voltage unit?.. not sure) but as the pump finally starts turning the DC voltage at the pump is about 0.5v
This a new pump and the old pump behaves about the same way. So got to be ECU or some setting in the ECU but I've no idea about those special settings like the rattle voltage.
If anyone has any insight, please share. Thx
Darren

Last edited by dbsonic; 02-06-2023 at 11:48 PM.
Old 02-14-2023, 07:16 AM
jarizaga

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

@dbsonic and @larry11

I assume you're both talking about a ECU v6 right?
Old 02-14-2023, 08:24 AM
dbsonic
My Feedback: (3)

I have v6 yes. Specifically v6.1 firmware. I've been working with Danny at Jetcat Americas. It looks like v6.3 firmware has some options to help here but in the middle of working on it.