Community
Search
Notices
JetCat Turbine Direct Support Ask your JetCat questions here for the experts that know them. MrMatt and Bob Wilcox will field your inquiries.

Pitot GSU settings?

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2004, 07:36 PM
turbine guy
My Feedback: (266)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pitot GSU settings?

Hi Matt,
Just installed the pitot and I only want to use it for speed info . I also want to be sure that this cannot cause an unwanted throttle retard or shutdown.
I am using single channel mode(aux is not plugged into ECU) and in the GSU menu I set "spdctrl sw0 act. : DISABLED/NONE" and " spd ctrl sw2 : DISABLED/NONE.
Am I correct to assume I've disabled the cruise control and any type of ECU commanded throttle reduction due to airspeed sensing?
One last thing, in the "limits" menu ,what should I set the "min. air speed"?,"max air speed"? Or does this not matter due to the above settings?

Thanks,

Jake
Old 05-29-2004, 08:36 AM
Bob_Wilcox
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Pitot GSU settings?

Hi Jake:

You setup the ECU correctly and the min and max values are N/A. However, it still will limit the plane to a maximum speed of about 200 mph. You will need to set the maximum limit speed to it's highest value to defeat that function. However, I would not recommend flying over 200 mph!!!
Old 05-29-2004, 08:43 AM
mr_matt
My Feedback: (10)

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Default RE: Pitot GSU settings?

What version ECU are you using? Are you sure you are in single channel mode? With the 4.9R (and later) ECUs you do not have to do anything but do the "Learn RC" step with the Aux wire disconnected. In earlier versions you need to make a setting in the Aux control menu. In the "Limits" menu, AUX Channel Function should say "Not Used".

So if you are actually in single channel mode the switch does nothing,

The way you have the switch set up, in 2 channel mode the Aux switch would not control the speed related functions (Hold Speed, etc) either, so you are OK.

As for the limits, the MAX LimitAirSpd is the maximum speed the model will go, regardless of whether you use Aux or not. Set it to whatever you want your maximum speed to be.

Good luck,