Community
Search
Notices
JetCat Turbine Direct Support Ask your JetCat questions here for the experts that know them. MrMatt and Bob Wilcox will field your inquiries.

Propane Valve Problem ??

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2005, 12:52 PM
Minch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Propane Valve Problem ??

I had a problem today, couldn't start my P120. I initiated start sequence, turbine stated to spool then as turbine was spooling the propane valve start "ticking" for want of a better word. At first I thought that the gas tank was empty but I disconnected it and found it to be full. I also checked the quick disconnect valve and even changed it for a new one but the engine just didn't seem to be getting any gas. What I am wondering is, is it possible to check the operation of the propane valve when not connected to the ECU. i.e could you connect it to a receiver, power with a 4.8v battery and operate it with a switched channel (as per a jetronic air valve for example).

Thanks in Advance

Nick

Old 02-20-2005, 01:44 PM
John Redman
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Propane Valve Problem ??

Nick, the propane valve will click on and off during the start mode. Sounds like hte gas in hte starting gas tank does not have enough pressure to flow. Try depleting the tank and refilling it with a new can of powermax fuel.

Under the test functions menu you can scroll untill you find the gas valve test. At that point just press the change valve button and you should hear gas flow into the turbine.

Old 02-20-2005, 02:13 PM
Minch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Propane Valve Problem ??

John,

Thanks for the advice, I will give it a try . Incidently the gas we were using was from a brand new can bought yesterday, possibly it was not as full or pressurised as we needed. Also the temperature at the field today was about 4 degrees C, this couldn't have helped either.

Regards

Nick