Community
Search
Notices
JetCat Turbine Direct Support Ask your JetCat questions here for the experts that know them. MrMatt and Bob Wilcox will field your inquiries.

P-60 compressor

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2006, 07:35 PM
HAMMERDOWN
My Feedback: (100)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default P-60 compressor

I have a P-60 with slight FOD damage on the compressor wheel and was wondering if Jetcat sells the balanced wheel for the home builder. I have built several Wrens and like to do my own service when possible. Is the Jetcat wheel balanced alone or is it balanced with the shaft and indexed to the shaft upon re-assembly?
Old 08-09-2006, 09:41 AM
mr_matt
My Feedback: (10)

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Default RE: P-60 compressor

Hello,

I am not sure how Wren does it, but P-60s are balanced as a matched shaft assembly (Turbine wheel, shaft, compressor), then the compressor is removed and the the turbine reassembled with the compressor indexed as closely as possible to the balanced position. The turbine is then balanced AGAIN as a complete assembly in a special fixture.

So I don't know how it could be done at home skipping those 2 balance steps. But I will still ask Bob for you.

Regards,

Old 08-09-2006, 12:22 PM
HAMMERDOWN
My Feedback: (100)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: P-60 compressor

Matt:
thanks for the reponse, Ill send it in and not take any chances. I was trying to avoid it because I just got it back last week and then dumb thumbed it at the end of the runway and sucked in some sand on the first flight .