Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets > Turbine Clinic > JetCat Turbine Direct Support
Reload this Page >

Question about GSU and comment on Jetcat Service

Community
Search
Notices
JetCat Turbine Direct Support Ask your JetCat questions here for the experts that know them. MrMatt and Bob Wilcox will field your inquiries.

Question about GSU and comment on Jetcat Service

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2007, 04:51 PM
georbeckha
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about GSU and comment on Jetcat Service

Hello all,

First the question...
I have a P60 and just took delivery of a Jetcat Titan. I have a friend that has a Jetcat P70 (Purchased second hand with a completed aircraft) but it dosn't have the GSU for it.
I know that the GSU is available online from Jetcat USA but in the mean time, will one of the ones I have work with his Turbine (Are they engine specific or does it simply take the info from the ECU and display it?)

Now the comment...
Last week I took delivery of a Jetcat Titan engine that (As it was so eloquently put by the guy at Jetcat who answered the phone) was delivered by Ace Ventura
The Startor Motor on the front was bent over 20-30 degrees and the plastic Mounting pylons were broken on one side. I sent it back for service. The Turbine was fixed and sent back to me probably the same day they recieved it. I took delivery of it today2 days after they sent it (Per my original shipping order) at no extra charge. (So many companies I deal with would have sent it back ground unless I was to pay them extra for expedited shipping.

Thanks for everything guys and keep it up!

George
Old 02-09-2007, 07:58 PM
slick121985
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: Question about GSU and comment on Jetcat Service

Hello,

To answer your question.....A GSU is a GSU. There's only one type, no dfference between engines. It simply displays the information provided on the data bus of the ECU. So you only need to take one with you to the field. hope that helps. Greg
Old 02-09-2007, 08:12 PM
georbeckha
My Feedback: (12)

Default RE: Question about GSU and comment on Jetcat Service

Thanks Greg,
This is what I was thinking because there is nothing on them or the web saying for xxx model only.
Now I can give one to my friend to use until he can see his way to getting one of his own. I wanted to make sure in case there may have been issues with pump voltages and the like before giving him one.

George