Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets > Turbine Clinic > JetCat Turbine Direct Support
Reload this Page >

KeroStart Installation Question

Community
Search
Notices
JetCat Turbine Direct Support Ask your JetCat questions here for the experts that know them. MrMatt and Bob Wilcox will field your inquiries.

KeroStart Installation Question

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2007, 05:18 PM
schroedm
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default KeroStart Installation Question

Hi,

I am installing a KeroStart unit in my P120. Only issue I have is that when I screw the unit in "finger tight" it points toward the back of the plane! Is there enough of a seal with the 'o'-ring to allow me to back it off half a turn so the fuel line faces forward?? I could possilby use superhuman finger strength and tighten it another half turn but don't want to damage the threads!!

Thanks,
Mark
Old 03-21-2007, 06:05 AM
Seeplaner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: KeroStart Installation Question

Just to put my 2c worth in, I would simply route the fuel line to that position, or use a 90deg festo connector betwen the Teflon tube & the fuel line. I suspect stuff all Jet A1 goes down there & not for long.
I'm incredibly happy with my Kero start 160, and will probably get a Kero Start 120 soon.
How nice it is to get into Turbines with kero start as 1st base
Old 03-21-2007, 06:17 AM
schroedm
My Feedback: (1)

Well, that is what I did in the end but space was a bit tight and it's yet another "joint" in the system
Old 03-21-2007, 04:08 PM
Roger M

Mark,

I had the same problem with one installation, so made a secondary washer from some teflon sheet I had lying around. Not certain where one can buy this, but it prevents using a second Festo in the line. I do still have some sheet so could send you a piece to try. Let me know if you would like some.

Regards

Roger